Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I love this game Marshmallow duel, me and a friend from back home used to play at school all the time, well now Im at college, and I never see the guy. I was wondering if it was possible to netplay a dos game, unfortunatley it uses one keyboard for both players. If there is anyway to do this through emulation etc. I would love to hear

Thanx

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
Well, most DOS games would use a Modem for "netplay" or perhaps IPX (I think Descent, and I think DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D used IPX) networking for netplay. But IPX was more rare I think. If you use DOSBox, it has IPX networking emulation (over TCP/IP I think) which you could use. I've never used it myself so I dont know how well it work (if it does at all).

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I used Kali many many years ago - worked pretty well. Don't know if they still charge for the program, though - not many IPX games around anymore.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.