Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with this.

Me and my friend have tried to play 1964 online.

We've taken the plugin from 1964, the "No Sound" plugin, and used it for 1964 to try and improve desync but there is still delay/lag. We both have high speed internet.

Is there any way to tone down the graphics or reduce something to improve the netplay feature? We close all applications before playing but it's still not as smooth as it should be, I guess. It's unbearable laggy/delayed.

Please, I really want to get into n64 netplay. We both have solid graphics cards (Flash MX 5200). Is there any way we can have a decent netplay experience? Please help!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
1964's netplay isn't very great..

I'd recommend googling "PJ64k" and giving it a try. I've had better luck with it than 1964 when it comes to netplay.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
You can also get it here. I should try using PJ64k, I think I've only used 1964 online and it didn't work out too well :p.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
n_w95482 said:
You can also get it here. I should try using PJ64k, I think I've only used 1964 online and it didn't work out too well :p.

The only reason I haven't used PJ64k is because it doesn't support the adaptoid... so until then, I'm gonna stick with 1964 and try to find out anyway to improve its netplay.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
PJ64k does support the adaptoid, you simply have to use a plugin that does, such as NRage's DirectInput8.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cooliscool said:
PJ64k does support the adaptoid, you simply have to use a plugin that does, such as NRage's DirectInput8.

:)
Cool. I'm gonna use that one now.

Btw, the "No Sound" plugin for PJ64k doesn't work. Everytime netplay begins it automatically changes the sound plugin to something else and the sound goes.

EDIT:

I tried that NRage plugin you recommended but what happens is it freezes pj64 window. I boot up the rom and the rom plays but the controller doesn't work, I can't close the window or open any of it's drop down menus, and I can't click on any other applications on my computer. It just locks everything up. So I have to hit ctrl+alt+delete to close PJ64. Any solutions?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Netplay is fine (i thought it was bad too).
Me and Kirby were playing Nhl '99 on it... it worked wonderfully.
Mabey if you have a bad ping... but we had pings of ~50

1 - 7 of 7 Posts