Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't connect or host using Nesticle's netplay. I'm using windows XP and my firewall is down and I have no router. Can anyone please help? I'm an avid player of ZSNES netplay and everything is fine but for the Nesticle I'm screwed.

When I try to play I even turn off my XP firewall and my virus scanner software's firewall. I got the messages from XP and McAfee to allow the program access to the internet and I accepted. But, like I said, I turn the firewalls off just incase and still no dice. I have no router, either. I don't know what could be causing this. Someone please help...

I'm on Windows XP and my ISP is AOL Broadband DSL

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
your still using nesticle? Try FCE Ultra.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Why so? Nesticle was once best (YEARS ago!) but other emulators have already bested it in all categories: Webgaming, graphics (some have 2xsai filters to smooth sprites and such), sound (sound accuracy was sucky in nesticle anyway) and especially compatibility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaZa said:
Why so? Nesticle was once best (YEARS ago!) but other emulators have already bested it in all categories: Webgaming, graphics (some have 2xsai filters to smooth sprites and such), sound (sound accuracy was sucky in nesticle anyway) and especially compatibility.
Please, don't refer me to another emulator. I'm currently participating in an online league and the emulator used is Nesticle. Please don't go on any further rants how my league is outdated and could be better if we used another emualtor and so fourth. Everyone in the league is using Nesticle and they do not have this Netplay issue I am having.

I ask all future posters to please stay on topic. If you can't help me resolve this issue please do not post at all. It only takes the topic in another direction.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Right.. and you're using an emulator that hasn't been updated since 1998 and you expect a fix?

I'm going to have to go with everyone else, there's no point. Convert.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
What kind of group still forces to use YEARS outdated emulator anyway (except for nostalgic reason perhaps?) when there are 1000 times better emulators available for free? oO Just asking cuz it feels bit wierd if i may say so...

Well, anyway, i doubt that there is anyone here that can help you directly. Maybe your copy of Nesticle is bugged? There are atleast two different versions of Nesticle on internet available IIRC. (dont count on me with this one)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Then we are running out of options. With quick glance there is no sane possibility why its not working for you, with ALL firewalls and such disabled... oO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.