1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game: Asphalt Urban GT
Music: Nobuo Uematsu- Giant Mechat

Game: MegaMan ZX
Music: Nobuo Uematsu- The Land Shark is coming!/Dragon Fight!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
That is the way it is. The developer choose this.. If you do not like it. Feel free to email him about it but be nice to him. ;)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Well considering that that's sorta like a real DS works, it's not wrong, it would just look a little better if it was not only a white bar, alternatively bring the screens closer together like on the other emus.
(I don't mean you can fix it like, I mean it should be fixed like that in my opinion)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Game: Asphalt Urban GT
Music: Nobuo Uematsu- Giant Mechat

Game: MegaMan ZX
Music: Nobuo Uematsu- The Land Shark is coming!/Dragon Fight!

nice videos, thanks!

Well considering that that's sorta like a real DS works, it's not wrong, it would just look a little better if it was not only a white bar, alternatively bring the screens closer together like on the other emus.
(I don't mean you can fix it like, I mean it should be fixed like that in my opinion)
Right. The white bar is trying to mimic the real gap between real NDS two screens. Some games are actually designed to be look better in such case, for example Yoshi's Island, but some are not (they are lame enough to design the game as if the two screens are adjacent). I take the approach to trying to "emulate" the gap effect, but unfortunately I also noticed that different games are designed to work with different screen distances, you may notice that the default distance works well on some games, but may look a little bit displaced on some other.
Yes I know that the white bar is ugly, maybe a bitmap graph of the NDS hardware picture will look better :cool:

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
Yes I know that the white bar is ugly, maybe a bitmap graph of the NDS hardware picture will look better :cool:
Make it skinnable! I would definitely skin it! I need a reason to get back into Photoshop again. :D

1,834 Posts
excellent video. :wub:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Right. The white bar is trying to mimic the real gap between real NDS two screens. Some games are actually designed to be look better in such case, for example Yoshi's Island, but some are not (they are lame enough to design the game as if the two screens are adjacent). I take the approach to trying to "emulate" the gap effect, but unfortunately I also noticed that different games are designed to work with different screen distances, you may notice that the default distance works well on some games, but may look a little bit displaced on some other.
Yeah that idea of adding an image of a real DS either as a skin as TCOS said, or just that part to fill that white area sounds good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nothing special, I'm just doing it for fun :emb:
Thx for kind words

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another video

Game: Children of Mana (intro only)
Music: Yasunori Mitsuda- Time's Scar/Nobuo Uematsu- State of emergency

1,834 Posts
interesting, in this new version, the middle bar (the one that separate the 2 screens :p ) is not on center XD dunno if this is only my problem?

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Looks amazing. And I thought about Chrono Cross' intro too when I saw Children of Mana's.

Slightly off topic, though...which game is State of Emergency from?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts