Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Alpha and Omega
307 Posts
wonderful work, the emu is beautiful (in terms of progress) and it seems to be developing very fast

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Awesome, this works as advertised for ATI cards. Pity I don't have any time to test today nor am I likely to have any tomorrow.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
This is rather weird... I thought I have a Nvidia card, but when I run the emu using Nvidia rendering method, I get 1 fps. However, when I change the rendering method to ATI, I get a lot more fps. oO

The game I tested this emu on is Castlevania: DOS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Orz: Any chance (here or by PM) to know the problem with ATI cards with detail?
There are two issues I identified. One is the glDrawPixels/Texture rendering problem already discussed in another thread. Another is that ATI card (at least on my mobility radeon x1300) has bad support for non-square texture size (256x192). Even if I fixed the texture to be square, on my ATI card glDrawPixels is still faster than texture loading, maybe it is implemented as a seperate optimized 2D rendering path.

·
Walk, Walk, Walk Gatomon
124 Posts
Awesome! it works on my Ati Card a Radeon 9250 and I didn't even had to set the option to Ati, I left it on NVidia and it worked great!

I tested the Ati setting but with that one the upper screen was black, at least with the Nvidia setting it worked perfect, just some graphic glitches on New Super Mario Bros and it is slow that game even without the set the 60 fps option enabled but hey, it has a great advance now that emu :)

I tested it with Yoshi's Island and that one works perfect just little like lines appearing and desappering on the screens but nothing serious and sometimes they stop appearing so you can play fine :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ah, it's really graphically glitchy still in most games, and there's no sound.

However, it runs pretty fast in some stuff! I also really like the unfiltered (nearest_neighbor) 2x mode, easy to see while maintaining pixel ratio and crispness! Anyways, if you keep working on it, orz, I think you can make very solid progress on it and it will likely replace no$gba as the mainly-used NDS emulator. :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Every single version sofar has been a giant leap forward in compatibility and graphics.

Although I think it's time to make the emu a bit more comfortable and add sound and things like that. At the moment it's only really people dedicated to emulation who will test it, but if some comfort gets added it will get a wider userbase and therefore more feedback (and more n00bs but unfortunately that's a consequence of greater popularity).
One feature I think Orz had already promissed us (or at least said he would look into it). Is the ability to reload games in the emu instead of having to close it every time and then open it again to load a new game only to close it and open it again to test the next game and so on and so forth.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Another is that ATI card (at least on my mobility radeon x1300) has bad support for non-square texture size (256x192).
Found that issue with ATI drivers too :(

So, your code relies on NPOT textures?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts