Next Generation Emulation banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ugh I don't feel up to it at the moment rockman.

Besides I stick with my old theory, if you can't find the savetype yourself, then you probably can't use the emu propperly either :p

The savetypes are universal not NeonDS specific so it's not neccessary either in my opinion.

Maybe putting the link to sigmax's thread from no$gba section (as it's also not no$gba sepcific) onto the site might be an idea though, then people have all the tools to find the savetypes themselves.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I will not put all save types in there. I only put the save types that I enjoyed the games in there. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The debugger is pretty good. It tends to crash sometimes but most of the graphic viewing stuff for example works very well. I'm liking it.

Also this is the third ds emulator with the screen size rendering bug in 3d that I see. :p

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Does anyone else think that the current "2x Screen Size" is TOO much?
I have 1280x768(widescreen FTW), and both screens won't just fit in my monitor.
How about a x1.5 Screen Size option for the next version? XD

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Widescreen fails...regular screen for the win. My screen res is 1280x1024 and it's fine.
The thing is though my performance goes out the window with 2x size, which was to be expected...well I was expecting half of my performance to be lost, but my loading went from 2 seconds and 80FPS, to loading of 30seconds and 5FPS so I ainst using that feature again anytime soon.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
My screen res is 1400x1050, so I have no problems. I think it's good to have the 2x option in there even though it drops the FPS drastically when I use it. Hopefully speed will improve for that one day. It gets very difficult seeing everything on 1x on my res, so I usually have to lower my screen resolution to enlarge it but things get blurry when I do that.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
That's why I said to add a x1.5. That would not lower the FPS that much, and still give you that size increase which is very welcome.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well I will probably just set it to start in 640x480 compatibility mode once multiple loading is supported and sound. Big Screen and less performance loss. The Big floating debugger might cause issues at that res though...o well I will just wait and see.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
0112 - Trace Memory (U) --- Playable
Pretty much perfect aside from a slight flashing now and then. Good Speed. The problem is... Franny's room.. Use the stamps on the book to finish the picture, you will need to press them somehow. '''Close the DS''' and you will have stamped the paper but didnt emulate it yet. So you can't go further unless you need to close the DS. :( (0.1.1)
Save type: EEPROM 64kbit

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I should note that the Wiki says that Sonic Rush(U) locks up in the title screen(that is, not even the menu). I got the game up to starting a stage. All you have to do is press Start and A repeatedly so that the whole intro is skipped. You can get to the menu, and even up to the start of the stage(the whole stage name, hell, even the top screen has the stage rendered and all. My guess is that the Sonic model uses 3D that is not implemented in this version, though. Can someone try this in the US version(should give the same results, but meh)?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I should note that the Wiki says that Sonic Rush(U) locks up in the title screen(that is, not even the menu). I got the game up to starting a stage. All you have to do is press Start and A repeatedly so that the whole intro is skipped. You can get to the menu, and even up to the start of the stage(the whole stage name, hell, even the top screen has the stage rendered and all. My guess is that the Sonic model uses 3D that is not implemented in this version, though. Can someone try this in the US version(should give the same results, but meh)?
Both of the above problems had been tested by me.
Sorry about Trace Memory, I am just not patient enough to play the same game over and over again to see how far I get. If it looks perfect to me after 10 minutes of gameplay I usually report it as fine. Anyways thanks for fixing it rockman.

Sonic however I will be sticking with my original report, after Sonic and whatever the female character is called flash accross the screen. I am left with the title screen on top and a blank white screen on the bottom, the game will then not accept any control input (I button-mashed all the buttons but nothing, and I clicked all over the screen) so I assume it's frozen.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I'll resort to screens, then. As soon as you see the "Sega" and "Sonic Team" logos, start mashing Start and A.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmmm well we are both right...

If I button mash as soon as I see the title I get as far as you.
However if I only do it once sonic and that female character have flashed across the screen then nothing get's accepted anymore.

Also how on earth is this emu running the game in Jap? if it's the american version? in other words only has one language? ....It's not the only game it did with either...

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Mine is the European version, which most likely has 5 or so languages. These can only be changed via Firmware, and since NeonDS doesn't allow that yet, the game is in Japanese. I assume the US version has English and Japanese as selectable languages, and since default is Japanese, that's what you're getting.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yes but american games usually only have english...I don't get a language choice when starting the game nor have I seen an option to change languages in the game....but anyways, let's frop that subject now.

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
Mine is the European version, which most likely has 5 or so languages. These can only be changed via Firmware, and since NeonDS doesn't allow that yet, the game is in Japanese. I assume the US version has English and Japanese as selectable languages, and since default is Japanese, that's what you're getting.
Err...

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
SCHUMI-4-EVA,

You are welcome.

Matis, SCHUMI-4-EVA is right. The USA versions only have an english without a problem for NEONDS but for Europe version seem to have more than an english. I.E. Megaman ZX (E). :)

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I know. -_-

Thing is, SCHUMI asked where was the "Language" option, and I had already said so.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I never asked whether there was language option or not.
I said that I have the american version and american versions usually only have one language, english.
So how on earth is the emu getting japanese from a game which only supports english?

41 - 60 of 155 Posts