Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next two weeks I'll be busying moving my home to another city, I'll have no time working on this emulator. So, here I release a version with incomplete 3D display engine support. Although the 3D support is not complete yet, there are already some games playable.
I have updated the wiki for some of my testing results.

Here is the list of updates in this version:

3D display engine (incomplete yet)
Replace D3D with OpenGL for display rendering
Support 2x display zooming
Fix some DMA bugs
NeonDS | NDS (Nintendo DS) emulator

it's time to TEST :thumb::thumb:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Nice 3D now I can get busy aswell :)

It's looking good :thumb:

Ugh the inability of this emu to load different games after each other is making testing really annoying. I keep on having to close and then restart the emu and move everything back to where I want it.

Added a few games to the wiki.

I must say the 3D done on this is impressive, as is the speed (but that might change with the addition of sound emulation).

Wow sigmax, how long have you had this new version for? You seem to have done a ton of testing on it allready, or was that still from the previous version?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I can see you tested a lot. I myself have added some things to that Wiki now as I said (Asterix and Obleix XXL2 for example).
I just can't tell if most of those tests are still NeonDS 0.1.0 or if you already got NeonDS 0.1.1 a few days ago and have been testing it since.
By the way as for you two pretty much being the only testers, that's gonna change from now on ;)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Actually, 0.1.1 was out today. ;)

Castlevania POR is playable with nice speed and the characters's glitch and save works perfectly!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
So I can retest all those games then and possibly change status of some of them? Or have those all already been tested on 0.1.1?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,120 Posts
i think you need to sort out your testing results

0048 - Mr. Driller - Drill Spirits (E) Playable No 3-D

id love to know how a 3d game is playable with no 3d ;p

grats on the new release tho!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys i got a problem with NeonDS just look the pic a got black screen or merge layer on the downscreen:(

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Wow I aint encountered anything like that yet sigmax...that's a strange error...unfortunately I don't have any more time to test today.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Something is wrong.

Kirby Canvas Curse is black screen on 0.1.1 but was playable with no paint 3-d on 0.1.0. STRANGE!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ugh the inability of this emu to load different games after each other is making testing really annoying. I keep on having to close and then restart the emu and move everything back to where I want it.
:thumb: :thumb: I'm also tired of this annoying problem myself. Will fix it later.

Something is wrong.

Kirby Canvas Curse is black screen on 0.1.1 but was playable with no paint 3-d on 0.1.0. STRANGE!
Yeah, it is a bug alright.:D :D

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Orz,

I update some at wiki for you and some clean up as well.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait for fully 3-D supporting because you are awesome with this nice speed emulator! :D

1,834 Posts
really good, still no debugger functions yet :( ... but anyways... 85fps in sm64? holy **** O_O sadly i couldn't reach in game to test.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: I'm also tired of this annoying problem myself. Will fix it later.

Yeah, it is a bug alright.:D :D
Awesome, looking forward to that :D

It will make testing a lot more painless :thumb:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Run buttons are usually put on emulators because authors feel their emu does not have enough buttons and is not flashy enough =\
Seriously please use some common sense.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts