Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just though I'd let you know that the date of the premier of the fellowship of the ring is the 10th December in London. The US get it to see it on the 19th. I really ought to read the book ;)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Just though I'd let you know that the date of the premier of the fellowship of the ring is the 10th December in London. The US get it to see it on the 19th. I really ought to read the book ;)
I'm definitely watching the movie (preview looks awesome). I didn't like the book that much, though...(please don't hurt me, Neo...:heh: )

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
The Two Towers killed me. I should really get around to finishing it, but Frodo and Sam have the charisma of a wombat on drugs.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Re: Re: neo and LOTR fans

Originally posted by Gk1986
I'm definitely watching the movie (preview looks awesome). I didn't like the book that much, though...(please don't hurt me, Neo...:heh: )

oh, yeah, ill kill u :dead: :rockets: :laser: :stupid: :bash: :fart: :argue: :doh: :evil: :wtf: :cry: :smash:
shame on u Ryos... tss tss =P
anyway, thk Beta, i think well have it 18 here too ;)

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Its my favourite book and Ive read it loads of times but I aint really looking foward to the movie that much as I'm sure it wont live up to my personal experiance of the book.
I think its quite a personal book and people have their own pictures in their head of how the characters/monsters/locations look and allthough I hope the film turns out good I'm sure they cant please everyone.
I dont know how they have edited the story to make the screen play but I'm sure they are gonna skip over/delete some of the less important but still good stuff.
I hope Im wrong as there are some great actors/acctress's in the film so they could save it.
I just hope my favourite bits are done really well and they dont just make the film a cheesy special effects fest..
JAZ

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Just though I'd let you know that the date of the premier of the fellowship of the ring is the 10th December in London. The US get it to see it on the 19th.
That is SUCH old news. I've been counting the days for about 6 months now ;)

I think its quite a personal book and people have their own pictures in their head of how the characters/monsters/locations look and allthough I hope the film turns out good I'm sure they cant please everyone.
From what I've seen and the critics are saying, Peter Jackson (the director) got EVRYTHING right. No worries there, I think.

I didn't like the book that much, though
I just lost all respect for you, Gk. :p Seriously, though, I don't know how you can not like these books. What's there not to like about them?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
I just lost all respect for you, Gk. :p Seriously, though, I don't know how you can not like these books. What's there not to like about them?
There's too many names...I just lost count after the Two Towers...

BTW Ryos, After the Two Towers nothing nothing drastic happens to frodo's personality except he's pretty much in a tranquilized mood the entire time. :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Perserverance, man! Perserverance! Granted, there are like 50 characters, but you start picking up on them after the 3rd time or so you read it!

I agree, though, after Frodo leaves Rivendell he's pretty much just kinda laid-back and melancholy.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
Perserverance, man! Perserverance! Granted, there are like 50 characters, but you start picking up on them after the 3rd time or so you read it!
yea...if i ever read it again...I've read it twice, but evertime someone pops up I can't remember him from the first time I've read...:heh:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The council of Elrond was pretty boring, but it's also massively important... and there's some footage of it in the trailers, so it's in there.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
i jes hope they dont take ANYTHING from the movie.

d00ds, Tolkien created a new world. Ever read the unfinished tales of ME? its just miths, legends, really old stuff, but we, tolkien phreaks enjoy it like crazy cause our thirst for info is unsaciable (how did i came up w/ this :confused: ). He created the language and made it evolve, like latin evolved to Portuguese, italian, spanish, etc. The guy is simply a genius!!!
but could they do the things exactly as they are on the books? NOOOOOOO :eyes: . they had to give more... dunno the right word... importance to the Aragorn-Arwen love scenes to give a more comercial sense to the movie. WHY DA HELL CANT THEY PUT IT AS IT IS??
damn the business sense of today's film makers... :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

i jes hope the movie doesnt desacreditate the books turning it all in a simple-sweet-nice-kids-story... The would completely suck... :bash: :fart: :lol: :rockets: :smash: :cry: :sad: :argue: :evil: :help:

Well, now that ive said all thix stuff, have a good night :cool:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Well, Enya's doing music for the movies, so they can't be ALL that bad...maybe. Living up to the quality of the book of the millenium, on the other hand, is another story.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep Enya's great (of course being Irish I would say that:p) btw did you know that one of the main songs is being sung in Sindarin?

ps Asfaloth whilst there has been rumours about this date for some time new line cinema only verified the actual date to the press on the 19th.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
i jes hope the movie doesnt desacreditate the books turning it all in a simple-sweet-nice-kids-story... The would completely suck...
Have you seen the previews? I'm sure you have... this is not a happy-go-lucky flower-picking expedition to a somewhat darker place while meeting silly, comical trolls and bumbling Orcs. Nuh-uh, baby, this is the real deal.

they had to give more... dunno the right word... importance to the Aragorn-Arwen love scenes to give a more comercial sense to the movie.
From what I've seen, this is the only concession they've made. GO PJ! w00t!

d00d, FOTR is SO gonna kick Harry Potter's lily white British ass... check this out...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts