Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hy guys, first i'd like to say that i'm very glad that someone is taking the time to develop a ps2 emulator because ...well we really needed one :eyemove:
Now i'm new to this , emulators i mean, and i seem to have a problem :
i downloaded the pcsx2 file from you site and it has a .php extension, i've tried changing it to .exe or .rar but none of these extensions make any difference
when i double click the file it downloads itself again.I know it sounds stupid, but if anybody can help me i'd be very gratefull:agree:

·
Registered
60 Posts
if you dont even know wat php is then dont bother try this emulator. It will just leave you with a big dissapointment and probaly this forum another " OMFG pcsx2 doesnt run my game" thread. Go buy a ps2 instead

·
Programmer/Animator
262 Posts
First welcome to Emulation and Emuforums eurares

No worries.

Here's a link to the download.
http://www.pcsx2.net/pcsx2download.php?aid=276

This link will let you download PCSX2 0.8.1 Version. If you want the PCSX2 SSE version here:

http://www.pcsx2.net/pcsx2download.php?aid=275

Also note that these are Win32 Platformed Emulators. The plugins ought to be present with the download. So all you have to do is extract them.

You must be able to extract them from WinRAR. Otherwise I suggest that you download the free version of 7z. Here's a link:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z432.exe?download

Note that when you say that we need a pcsx2 emulator, that you sound as if you do not own a PS2. If you do not, then getting your hands on a BIOS would be difficult as it is illegal.

You will also need the bios. You have to rip it from your PS2. Otherwise download it, which is illegal. And you are entitled not to ask anyone for a BIOS in order to avoid getting banned from the site.

When you use PCSX2 for the first time you will need to configure it. Here's the guide to Configure it::

PCSX2 Configuration Guide v1.2

If you cannot access the BIOS or play any games, remember these rules:

We DO NOT KNOW what the minimium specs are yet, don't waste your time asking, or speculating.
If your game does NOT work, don't complain, or ask why. 90% of games do not work fully.
DO NOT complain if a game runs slowly, PS2 emulation requires huge amounts of CPU power. Most likely your machine is to weak, or you haven't configured PCSX2 correctly
For more guides here:

Taken courtsey from a thread by Generalplot

Rudy's self maintained compatibility guide for 0.9

Reichfuher's guide to dumping your Playstation 2 BIOS

CKemu's guide to using the PS2 BIOS

Guide to making patches for PCSX2

GameFAQ saves to PCSX2 memory card guide

Refraction's guide to common problems and errors.

You must have all the necessary files, the plugins, the emulator and the bios and rom1 and rom2.

If you have further trouble, well i dunno.....

Good luck.

And TuTukun, eurares is a newb, so it's kinda rude to say that. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
And TuTukun, eurares is a newb, so it's kinda rude to say that.
My bad. It is just amount of people come here and complain about the same things: games dont run properly, slow fps. What make it so hard to look around be4 making a new thread? i Dont think u dont even need to use the search button. I think its time some1 should stick a "Your game running slow or doesnt work? Read1!!!" thread. Although I do apologize for my previous post and eurares, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well, his main problem is that he's clicking 'Save Link As...' (or 'Save Target As...') instead of just clicking the link--which would redirect to the 7z file. That or he's using a download manager that doesn't handle php files. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay i'm gonna say some things that may bother some people or may be illegal for some reason,... i'm not very familiar with the policies regarding ps2 games.
i don't own a ps2 but i managed to download the bios from the internet,
i tried palying a game "gauntlet seven sorrows", and it worked but by the time it loaded the ingame menu it was working at below 1 fps, i'm not complainig as my system is very weak, but i thought it might be a good ideea to have a list of games that actually run on pcsx2
as soon as i get the ok from you guys i'd like to atrt a thread on that theme
so let me know if that's ok:)

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
eurares said:
okay i'm gonna say some things that may bother some people or may be illegal for some reason,... i'm not very familiar with the policies regarding ps2 games.
i don't own a ps2 but i managed to download the bios from the internet,
i tried palying a game "gauntlet seven sorrows", and it worked but by the time it loaded the ingame menu it was working at below 1 fps, i'm not complainig as my system is very weak, but i thought it might be a good ideea to have a list of games that actually run on pcsx2
as soon as i get the ok from you guys i'd like to atrt a thread on that theme
so let me know if that's ok:)
First off, no talk of downloading BIOS's. It's illegal, and we don't want to know where you got it. Secondly, we pretty much have a compatibility thread of this release: the screenshots thread pretty much covers that.;)

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
eurares said:
ok the problem was in my download manager it saved the files with php extesnion instead of 7-zip extesnion :laugh:
Then, don't use download manager if it didn't work with u. Download normally or use others as flashget,mass downloader etc.also edit post instead of double posting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.