Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Ive been playing round with the emu for about a week..
I read the whole guide on the pcsx2 site, and have made a bit of progress.
Went from hanging up to random errors to working but completely unplayable.. to the point where i just need a couple of pointers or bits of advice. I've been doing the testing with Final Fantasy XII. Its running and is fine in game but i get 30fps and VERY skippy sound in any FMVs, including the start menu.

My PC specs are in my signature and ill post up my config screen. Any questions, let me know and hopefully someone has an idea how i can get this going 100% (or if i can). :) Thanks!

Also, im running the game from an ISO.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive tried various different configs with speed hacks and all have net the same or very similar results. These are my current speed hacks and CPU configs. I wont get full speed even with a quad core? I am running it at stock clock. I get full speed in gameplay?

And yes even with native resolution, i get a very similar frame rate in the FMVs (maybe 3-4fps difference)..
Thanks Zedeck

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Thanks very much Zedeck. I was overclocking the CPU. But I havent really been playing games much lately so I put it back to stock. Its pretty much a push of a button in my MB. :)

I didnt realise that ps2 emulation put so much strain on the CPU, as it only ever seemed to be using about 50% CPU max. But i will overclock it and see how i go. How fast should I run the clock do you suggest? Ill try about 2.8.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it wasnt a push of a button to re-overclock. I updated my bios and it deleted my O.C profile. :( Its a real ***** to O/C this board, really fiddly.

Ive been playing around at work, and i have it running stable at 3.15ghz. I cant really test the game here.. small screens and no speakers. But it looks like the fps is definately better.
Will let you know when i get home but looks like u hit the nail on the head Zedeck. Thanks again!!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Okay well, running it at 3.15ghz has definately made a big difference. :)
Its running at 48-50fps during FMVs. (which is at limiter for PAL) so thats great.

Sound was still skippy but I tried a few different plugins and ZeroSPU2 seems to have sorted that. If you know of a better one, let m know because it does seem to go out of sync forvery small intervals occasionally.

Only problem now is i have scanlines in the cutscenes and its constantly flashing a black screen. :S any ideas on that one?

As far as the windows CPU usage being unreliable, that definately makes sense. I was going on what pcsx2 says but i guess that it gets that figure from windows. This board is supposed to be a good overclocker yeah. But from what ive read, its definately more friendly with the high end Core 2s than the quads. I know i can get it a little bit higher. I was close to having it stable at 3.3ghz.. It really doesnt like my RAM though... i cant figure out why.. ive tried plenty of timing combinations.

This board has the 780i triple-SLI chipset. im running it at 1400fsb (350x9).
It runs at about 29 degrees celcius idle, which is really good. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.