Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can you deduce from this?:
"810 chipsets offer flexible support for the desktop Intel® Celeron® or Pentium® III processors based on .13 micron or .18 micron process technology."
does this mean i can use a 1gig pentium 3 on my i810?

· Registered
900 Posts
the i810 chipset blows ass but it should support any intel coppermine cpu as long as your bios allows for it. is this an intel board or an intel chipset on say an abit or asus board? who makes the board?

it probably will not support .13 micron chips. most board manufacturers opted not to update bios's to include support for .13 except on their newest boards. so they can make more money. no problem though because the 1ghz p3 is .18

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the mobo manufacturer is microstar and the intergrated video thats embedded in it is an intel i810. i have seen members in this site that has a p3 on an 810 chipset, but what i didnt know was what was the maximum cpu speed i could use on the i810.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Check the mobo's manufacturer site and look for a BIOS update. IF you can find one which adds support for Tualatin cpus(.13 micron), you'll be able to get a P3 with higher clock than 1GHz, which are based on the Tualatin core. The main difference between them, apart from the .13/.18 difference, is that the Tualatin has more cache, which can improve a bit the performance over the Coppermine cpus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.