Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got epsxe and my system specs are p3 1ghz,128mb, geforce2 MX400. and everytime i run epsxe the game runs to fast.like i hear the music speading up and the game speed is to fast, how can i fix it? also my backround textures are ugly but my models look really good.ill try to post a pic.but what should i do for that also?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Did you enable the Frame Limiter in the video plugin? You should set it to 60 fps for NTSC (US) games and 50fps for PAL (EURO) games.
Note: you should use Pete's OpenGL 1.51 plugin.
For the ugly backgrounds try to change the Filtering settings. Its good to start a game and hit Delete to bring up the in game menu. use End to change the settings and use Page Up/Down to move between the different features. The "Fi" feature is filtering. There are 5 different settings to use. Try them all to see which one looks best. This doesn't actually make a permanent change to your config. You have to find out which one looks best and set it to that in the Video config.
If you have a few games and you don't want to have to reconfigure for them all the time then download ePSXecutor. It lets you save settings for individual games.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Try enabling the Framerate Limit in Pete's plugins.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hello, Zephon?
That's exactly what my post says. You should read the previous replies before you post one of your own. No offence intended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx adair that helped alot.but in ff9 the begining movie when you see the storm and stuff it cuts and bbrings me to were you start off with zidane.what should i do? and the text bubble in ff9 is gray with a black line in it, what should i do? last but not least when i go into battle the first screen with the swirl gos really slow. what should i do?
sorry for all these questions

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Someone get an FF9 expert in here. I've never played the game so I don't know the answers for you. I'm sure someone who knows about this will come in here though. In the mean time there are countless threads about those very questions. Do a search an dyou should find the answers pretty fast.

[EDIT]:I found a good thread for you(I hope). It has someones config for FF9 in it. http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3328

·
Registered
345 Posts
i believe that most of these are covered in faq's on psxemu.com
but the mdec sounds like it might be a cd timing problem and i think the speach boxes are because of off screen drawing
i am most likely wrong since i havent played the game in months
but im sure someone knows how

1 - 7 of 7 Posts