Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way whatsoever to run CVGS in Windows 2000?

If anyone can help me get it running in Win2k I'll greatly reward that person, (Im not kidding).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere that VGS just hangs using Virtual PC - and I dont buy - thats a waste of money. I just dl what I want.

Also if thats my only option, how am I gonna set it up? you know how? I tried before and failed.:mad:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
haha
actually i'm just joking around. i know nothing about Virtual PC!
heck i dont even run win2k, muwahahha.
but since you mentioned a reward... cant blame me for trying huh :p

you dont buy? whoa that's a bold statement on this board, the mods are very against such actions. unless what you meant is just dl the DEMO versions of everything (I dont think VGS demo does a lot)

sorry i'm of no help. but i'm sure you've heard this b4: dual-boot win9x and stop wasting your time... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMAO:eek:

Thier against that?:eek:

Haha how come?

Psxemu illegaly distributes copywrighted illegal software...

LOL, dont make sense to me:confused:

Heheh bunch-o-crazies ;)

Hah, cmon you peeps, the reward is huge (In size too =]), all ya have to do is help me get VGS working in Windows2K.:eek: :p :D :yawn:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Originally posted by Lucky Rabbit
Psxemu illegaly distributes copywrighted illegal software...
Where'd you get that idea. There's absolutedly no illegal software distributed at PSXEmu.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes,

Bleem & VGS for example are copyrighted material, yet their full versions are being distributed on the site in the emulators section.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
the full version downloads are actually ***patches***
*they require the original CD*

please try it. and email the webmaster if you still have questions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
you want the FULL VGS and BLEEM!? I know where to go. So what if it's wrong. Emulation isn't leagle. Some people think that it is but it isn't. People use this whole "You MUST own the game to make it leagle" or "You MUST own the system to make it leagle" No, it still isn't leagle! if it was then Sony would have made an emulator for PSX and sold it. I really don't care about what's leagle or not. I'm not going to deleat all my MP3's or toss out my CD-R's because it's wrong. Everything is illeagle! My school has CD-R copies of Windows 98 and installed c++ on TONS of computers and let us take the disks home for our own use! People break the law EVERYDAY. I'm probally breaking the law right now sitting here typing this up. I only take programs off the net because I'm broke. I can't find most of the things I want in stores and the companys make enough from people that have problemstaking the program off the net but would jaywalk to their local store to buy it. Stupid laws suck. I just wanted to play Resident evil one and three but I don't own a PSX. I have an N64 and if they had RE1 and RE3 for N64, I would buy it but I'm not going to spend $150-$200 to play them because Capcom got me hooked. Sorry for comming off as rude in some places but I KNOW emulation isn't leagle and if people are going to emulate they might as well steal the full retail versions of Emulators. Sony vs. VGS is a good example of why it's illeagle. So download the full versions and burn a copy of your friend's PSX games. Sony made enough on PSX and most game companys made enough on most of their games. It's OK. Emulate. Who's gonna care in 100 years? Better yet, who's gonna care NOW?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I cant talk you out of doing illegal stuff, so i'm not saying anything more about that.

BUT, do not call emulators illegal, because they ARE legal. Sony never won any lawsuits against bleem!, and they didn't even bother suing Connectix for VGS, they just bought it out.

Maybe the laws suck, maybe not. it's a matter of opinion. But by definition if the judge says it's ok, it's "legal", so to speak. You may have your own definition of "right" or "wrong", but rather something is "legal" is decided by the laws.

And the law says we can have emulators :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well that's good that we can have emus. I don't know how much longer I can wait for the next RE game. (Resident Evil 0 will be out around Aug. 2001 for Game Cube!) I still have to beat RE2 in LeonB and ClaireB and I just started playing RE1 and RE3 so I'll be busy working on thoese untill Game Cube comes out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts