Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have two pc's with dsl connection me and my brother want to play Delta Force (the original ;)) together. I've been trying all sorts of things like hosting a game on the PC downstairs while trying to join his game on my pc upstairs by typing the given IP address....

But it didn't recognize any games. Though he started one and from as far as I could see it should've been possible to join him.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or isn't it possible to host a game on the same addres of from where an other player wants to join?

Thanx in advance,

Cid H.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I might be reading your words wrong here. Let me just get some information.

Are you using a router/hub between to the two computers and the internet connection?

Are all your firewall protection turn off?

I'm going to do a experiment with DF 1 (I hope that's the one your talking about) with my setup and see if I can recreate the situation.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm talking about DF1 :)

We are connected through a Multi PC SpeedTouch 510 modem. I heard it has a hardware firewall as well. Does this mean I have to open up a certain port?
(I'm a newbie when it comes to routers and stuff :p)

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I went through and tried. I was able to connect perfectly fine.

The router didn't let me through at first until I opened up my DMZ (lets you connect without the firewall interfering). I'd check to see if there are ports for it that need open up.

After that it was just a matter of telling my pc to look for the other pc by the IP

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told my computer to look for the give IP as well, but it didn't find anything at all (IIRC I couldn't even click search oO)
I will look again tomorrow, cause it's near midnight here :p

But what's this DMZ? and where to find it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts