Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been wanting to play the shadowhearts series and so I started with Koudelka. The game plays fine but for some reason the texture warping is a bit more agressive with either of my configs:

koudelka_cfg_1.JPG
koudelka_cfg_2.JPG

I found this youtube channel and it appears to be running far better than mine:

I did ask the uploaded for the settings but haven't had any replies. Are there any confirmed settings that further reduce the texture warping on the game?

I can upload a video of how it looks on my config if need be.

Thanks!!

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
Care to post a screenshot or a video of your problems cause there doesn't seem to be any texture warping in the game.
Koudelka isn't a fully 3D game so only texture used are on models and battle arenas, everything else is still images.
If you mean the jumpy polygons you can try activating "Sub pixel precision" under options thou to me it looks the same.
You could always try the obvious texture filter options as their improvement can be a hit or miss depending on game and preference.

Alternately you could try Retroarch - Beetle PSX HW it has some experimental features to fix both the jumpy polygons and textures warping.

This is texture warping and the fix that RetroArch Beetle PSX HW offers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply.

Here's some video I took:

Sorry I could take a direct feed but it was pretty late. You can see the domain warps pretty bad in comparison to the youtube video I posted. It almost seems to break, particularly noticeable with the head/face of the character. If I could get it to look like the youtube video I'd be pretty satisfied to be honest, the FMV's on my side also seem to be a little blurrier / brighter (also in comparison to the YT video) but that's a minor concern all in all.

Where would I enable subpixel precission? I can't seem to find the option on either of my plugins.

And thanks for the reply!

·
Not a Registered User
1,303 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.

Here's some video I took:

Sorry I could take a direct feed but it was pretty late. You can see the domain warps pretty bad in comparison to the youtube video I posted. It almost seems to break, particularly noticeable with the head/face of the character. If I could get it to look like the youtube video I'd be pretty satisfied to be honest, the FMV's on my side also seem to be a little blurrier / brighter (also in comparison to the YT video) but that's a minor concern all in all.

Where would I enable subpixel precission? I can't seem to find the option on either of my plugins.

And thanks for the reply!
That's what I thought, that's not texture warping, that's shaky polygons syndrome, it's an issue with the PS1 lacking a proper Z-buffer therefore it has issues locking polygons in all axis causing them to slightly move.
This maybe slightly less noticeable in a compressed YT video than your own game play.
Sadly there is no fix for this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought, that's not texture warping, that's shaky polygons syndrome, it's an issue with the PS1 lacking a proper Z-buffer therefore it has issues locking polygons in all axis causing them to slightly move.
This maybe slightly less noticeable in a compressed YT video than your own game play.
Sadly there is no fix for this.
I see, makes sense. Ok then, thanks a bunch!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts