Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. i'll be getting my hand on the new Dell Xps gen 2 high end specs system. I wanted to know which games should I try on it. I've been out of the PC gaming scene for a while now since I've used my ps2 as a replacement for PC gaming, you could say its been 2 years . I was going to get half life 2, far cry, C&C generals played it but the fps were unbearable at times on my old system. So some good recommendations are welcome. . Thanks for all the help in advance.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ne fav genre? :)
rpg: dungeon siege 2 is not bad, older systems run it fine thou NWN is class also
car: juiced is the latest ive got, which isn't too bad, Pimp my ride sponsored
fps: wait for quake 4, hl2 i found a little boring ...

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
- Psychonauts if you are into platforming or just wanted to play something fun ;)
- Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory have nice graphics and great gameplay (a bit short tho)
- Prince of Persia - Sands of Time and Warrior Within if you like action adventure.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well most of the titles that were mentioned I allready played on the ps2. Like psychonauts, POPSOT, POPWW, splinter Cell, dungeon siege, NFSU. Now I was looking for titles that were excluysively for the PC which were not released for the ps2. Because if it was released for the ps2 and it was a game worth playing, I would have the game the very next day its realeased. I'm alot into RPGS, action series. I love FPS but there came a time that my system was to old for it. I used to play SOF2 alot on the net along with so many other fps. I was looking for games that were recently released with excellent graphics and great action along with story. Ive played doom 3 and chronicles of Riddick on the x-box but will still get doom 3 have to try out on my system as to how it runs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Uhhh... I don't believe Dungeon Siege was released on the PS2, so that'd be a bit tough to play on it, haha.

Anywhoo, Knights of the Old Replublic 1&2 are good, as Empire Earth II got great reviews (though I have to confess, I haven't offically played it yet). FarCry is great, Sacred is fun (as long as you like Diablo type games). Other than that, just check out some reviews about games you're skeptical about, and you'll find ones you want.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
have you tryed call of duty,also try out call of duty 2 when it comes out.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
KanedA said:
juiced? never ever, you'd better get Need For Speed Underground 2 or better: wait for NFS Most Wanted :)
Have you actually played Juiced? I never played it on PC but for PS2 it beats NFSU2 by a long shot. More cars, more modes, more tracks, not all freaking races are at night, carrer mode is way better, only nfsu2 gameplay is better but juiced isnt far behind.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Battlefield 2!!
battlefield 2 on 512 ram will definitely be fun >=)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have BF2 allready. But then agian i was wondering if its going to be same like bf2 Im really not up to it as i wasnt much of a fan of bf2. Its worthwhile online but offline single person mode. Not much to gain out of it. Just apturing flags against the AI aint that fun and as for 512 ram, u need atleast 1 Gig for it run smooth..

·
Registered
153 Posts
some beautiful and good "newer" pc-exclusive games to recommend (with some linked video reviews):

- racing: "trackmania sunrise"
or "flatout" (both are great fun-oriented games)

- rpg: definitely "vampire bloodlines" (good story, source engine).
or "guild wars" for online experience (action-oriented, no montly fee)

- action: "far cry" (gourgeous, no scripted gameplay like in HL2 or D3, stealth elements, editor, also multiplayer)

- strategy: "rome: total war" (historic)
or "act of war" (modern c&c-killer. forget generals..)
or "warhammer 40.000" or "earth 2160" (both sci-fi)

- simulation: "silent hunter 3" (u-boat)
or "sims 2" with add-ons (life-sim)

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
world of warcraft is a rather good game, although its not developing as fast as i would have hoped for a game where 4 million people pay $20 a month to play

guild wars was rather fun when i got the chance to play it, havent actually played it for more than a weekend though since i didnt buy it yet (played it during beta weekends)

rome total war is one of the best strategy games ive seen, ive come back to it like 4 times now and its still a fun game

heroes 5 and aoe 3 are going to be coming out soon as well i believe

and for those who are hardcore console rpgers... fable is coming out on pc now

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
if you don't play Grim Fandango again I'll murder you.

so what if it's old? It's grim fandango, GRIM FANDANGO! oh and full throttle too!

Oldies but goodies :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.