Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few tests with 2 different monitors I managed to pinpoint my frame time issues to my current AOC monitor. The problem is that despite me having constant 60 or above fps the motion is not fluid or smooth, even at 30fps its pretty bad. But when I switched to my old LG monitor or my mom's lg tv-monitor it was great, way more smooth/fluid even at 30 fps. So my guess is that my current AOC monitor doesn't comunicate well with my gpu when it comes to frametimes. So what I want is the following:

A good monitor with nice image quality, that will run smooth/fluid with my rx 480 at 1080p resolution (ultra wide at 2560x1080p might also be fine) with an fps target of 30 and 60 fps.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,593 Posts
Can't recommend Dell then as they seem to suffer from the same thing (pretty picture but frame timing seems to be ever so slightly off)... and it has some weird bugs in the software(?) that occasionally pop up.

My Samsung is much better in that regard but it's an old lcd model with kind of washed out colors.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll stay away from dell then, there is the asus 245h that caught my attention, so far it seems just right.

·
298 Posts
I have an ASUS VG248QE since 2014 and zero complaints. I used it with my defunct Radeon HD 5750 and now with my current Radeon RX 560. On my previous card I used a DVI connection, but I noticed a color degradation at 144Hz, I currently use DisplayPort and I don't see such problem.
I'm a Linux user, I do not know if it works well in Windows =P
I hope this serves you as a reference.

cya

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the pleasure of owning an Asus PB277Q for 2 days, and i'm staying away from them, it was way worse and even more horrible with videos, then what i had experienced on my AOC. In fact it makes my AOC now feel hell of a lot more fluid then ever... Then again i also changed the DVI cable connecting my PC to my monitor that might help to. But now that i tasted the beauty of the 27" monitor i want one so bad... I will be probably be making a thread about that soon, after i find the monitors that raise my interest.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so here is the run down, here are my PC specs btw i never listed them:

i7-6700
16GB RAM 2666Mhz
Sapphire Nitro+ 4Gb RX 480
and i use SSD's for my OS and gaming.

As some of you know things that i do on my PC where a monitor is vital are the following: Gaming, playing visual novels, watching anime, movies, and playing a bit in photoshop (nothing major just making my wallpapers, avatars, things like that)
For gaming, i'm not doing it competitively, its just at a casual level and i'm looking for as smooth/fluid of an experience as possible in frames for 30 to about 60 FPS.

The monitors i set my eyes on are:
The Dell SE2717H: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-monitor-se2717h/apd/210-aizr/monitor-accessories
LG Gaming 27MP59G-P: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27MP59G-P-gaming-monitor
LG 27MP68VQ-P: https://www.lg.com/global/business/monitor/monitor-products/lg-27MP68VQ-P

Choosing between them is a bit difficult, i seem to incline towards the LG ones, but the Dell recieved lots of praises.

I've also seen some 27" samsung's in my price range but while they where with freesync they where within the 60Hz range, just for reference this where the ones:
Samsung (curved): C27F591FDU/C27F390FHU/LC27F591FDUXEN/LC27F398FWUXEN :
VA/4ms/Freesync/60Hz/1920x1080/250cd/m2
Samsung (flat): LS27F358FWUXEN:
PLS/4ms/60Hz/1920x1080/freesync

PS: While searching what i liked the most where the LG 29UM69G-B which would be my top pick and the LG Gaming 29WK600-W which would be my second pick, they are both ultra wide monitors, but i might not have the budget for them and i feel that 25" is to low for 21:9. Which is why i asked helped choosing from the above monitors.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And... i just ordered an LG 34UM58-P, it was a discounted clearance sell, here's to hopping that there will be no dead pixel or other issues as i managed only to get the last sealed package! It doesn't have freesync but as far as everything else goes its just what i really wanted so i don't mind its absence, can't wait for it to arrive XD. Thanks all for the Help :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts