Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own Diablo 2, but I'm missing one of the install discs. I've still got my keycode. Is there a way for me to get just the disc I'm missing: legally? Would it be illegal in this case to make a copy of my friend's disc since I own the game (and still have my license key)?

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Well moraly it would be OK, legally it probably isnt. Since the game is pretty old just email blizard asking that. Even if its just for the fun of it xD

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I don't think they will sue you over this, there won't be a way for them to find out as well. And you already paid for the game, so just like Metalmurphy said, I don't see a problem as well. And I don't think there is anyone who can tell it is a backup of your own disc or of the one of your friend :)

· ...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
you can do it straight through blizzard for $10, but it might be cheaper to just get it from a store. but in general, who's gonna know (or care) if you make a copy? ;)

· War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Strictly speaking, yes, it's illegal.

If you want to be anally legal about it, you will have to purchase a brand new copy of Diablo 2, delete your current installation (including your characters), and re-install a new one with the new key. On the other hand, I don't think anyone would blame you if you said "HELL NO!"

· Registered
5,810 Posts
KillerShots said:
, delete your current installation (including your characters)
That doesnt make any scence, ur free to share ur save with anyone you want. Even host them on the internet.

· War Games coder
1,927 Posts
And what about your online characters? Those attached to the compromised key?

I admit I mis-spoke, however; single player characters can be salvaged

· Registered
5,810 Posts
You dont have to delete those either. Ur free to use ur key in other places so u can access his chars just like he can buy a new game but use the old key.

· Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KillerShots said:
And what about your online characters? Those attached to the compromised key?
Key is currently untainted (never used online). I'm probably just gonna borrow my friends for the five minutes it takes to install. I've got literally everything but the second install disc so i'll be fine. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.