Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i need need info, see I got Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the year edition for the Xbox 360 about a year ago and I was like "wow this game is awesome" but recently i realized i've completed every quest in the game on every character class so i went on Xbox live and got all the add ons deepsorn,frostcraig,etc. but i did all those too. I heard from a friend that the computer version had more add on quests, so I went out and found that but i finished installing it and it says:failed to initialize renderer get adapter desc()failed. Now i'm great with hardware (if it's a hardware problem i can fix almost anything) but terrible with software so what i need to know is: do i need to take my laptop apart and put in a better graphics card or is there some kind of program i can get?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
What GPU is in the laptop? Does it meet the requirements of the game?

It sounds like it's trying to get the GPU information and can't, so it's failing to initialize. Depending on the laptop, the GPU may not even be upgradeable, but even if it is, it will likely be expensive and/or limited in what the options are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.