Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope this isn't against any rules, because I didn't see too many topics on the Wii about softmodding. Well I need help because I think I only installed the 4.1U bannerbomb exploit. That installed bootmii, HBC, and DVDx rite? Because thats what I have. I also have all the necessary apps to transfer files from my PC to Wii and the HDDloaders. I kinda just stopped there and don't remember where I left off with the CIOS's. Am I allowed to ask where is a trusted site to get these CIOS? I understand that was kinda like asking, but what I really mean is just say no if it's not allowed. I'm not trying to trick someone into telling me. I'm asking here because those CIOS get installed on the Wii, and I'm sure it's possible for someone to make a CIOS that could mess with your system, and I don't want that. I've also read some thing that mention downloading files from the internet straight onto the Wii. How do I work that? Or which app do I need to do that?

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
You only need cIOS for softmods. And you only need one cIOS (Waninkoko's). It's legal to distrubute because it doesn't include the actual IOS. It downloads, patches, and installs to your Wii on the fly. Link : Wii homebrew - Custom IOS38 rev15
EDIT: koko beat me :( There are more cIOS, but they are optional, like USB 2.0 and etc.. Read the FAQ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.