Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, pls help me cause i'm so confused to decide due to lack of knowledge.

1. i have pcsx2 0.9.4, 0.9.5, playground. which one should i choose ?

2. in the official guide, i should choose SSE2 but my processor support SSE3&4 , so i should choose SSE4 right ?

3. in the blog it's recommend to use 64bit OS for future anticipation, should i upgrade my xp sp3 to vista sp1 ?
does pcsx already support 64bit ? cause from i heard vista cost much memory.
does pcsx run better with directx10 than directx9 ?

4. i should just turn on the speed hack, only if it crash then i just turn it off, am i right ?

5. if it relevant, which nvidia driver version should i use? 178.24, 180.84, 181.20 or 185 beta ?
cause i think i read somewhere in this forum, that it's recommend to use 178. this one really frustating, gta 4 (PC) said to upgrade 180, other game tell to use 181 and other 185.

My Spec :
Core 2 Duo 3Ghz. GeForce 8500GT. 2 GB Ram. XP SP3.

pls help me, i'm so confused. really appreciate it. thanks ^^

Other Info :
i've tried with few games such as grandia 3 (works ok but sometimes lag in video), alone in the dark (not working, 90% cpu, < 10 fps, so lag), FF XII (haven't tried it), Fatal Frame 3 (hang after starting new game, well it is not compatible).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay forget the questions above.
i decide to use pcsx playground and SSE4.
i've installed vista 64, but it said to lacking memory to run pcsx2.

is it natural to encounter video lag ? or is there configuration like i should use ZeroGS instead GSdx for Graphic Plugin ?

i tried to play atelier crisis 2 which say playable in compatibility list but i got blank screen when starting new game.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
use pcsx2 playground. you can try enabling hacks to improve speed.

you need to run in administrator mode to utlize the vm build of pcsx2 in vist, otherwise use the tlb build. pcsx2 only takes a few hundred mb of ram.

use sse4 version of gsdx since you got a penryn cpu.

download the november patch to dx10 (my sig) which is needed for the latest version of gsdx (my sig)

your videocard is on the weaker end so i'd low the gsdx internal resolution to below the default, try 800x600 or even lower and slowly incriment up; your viedocard may be the bottleneck in this situation. 8500gt has half as many stream processors as the 8600gt which happens to be the suggested minimum for pcsx2. Basically this means in certain regards its much weaker then our baseline suggested card.

Make sure you have dual core mode and mtgs enabled in the cpu configuration settings.

make sure you go run/cddvd instaed of excecute. Sometimes you get bad image rips and have to rerip your dvd depending on the program you are using.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi PCXL-Fan, thanks a lot man for your replay !
i can play it now on vista more smoothly using your configuration recommendation =D

before, i am so confused of the many possibilities, like should i use graphic plugin A and sound A in pcsx version A or with graphic version B or pcsx version C and its combination. and each has its own options. and then all of that possibilities can be multiplied with the OS. and then the combination can be multiplied again with each title of game. :hdbash:

oh the memory issue in vista, i think it's because the services (i use vista manager to turn off some services and it works ^^ i'm guessing it's the windows defender).

thanks for guiding me out of the woods. :beer:

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
your welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts