Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people. Im having ome problems with emulating MGS3... if it wasnt for some videos with better speed and less pc specs, i wouldnt be complaining/writing this. The thing is, i got this system:
i7 920 @ 2.67 (default)
HD4850
Vista 64bits

Im using PCSX2 0.96, SSE4 DX10 Hardware

Ive tried with every option in cpu and speed hacks but still not getting better.
I run at 50fps sometimes, but most of the time, goes down to 25 -30 which makes it kind of desperating to play. no frameskp option (both nromal and VU) will work for some reson, once it reaches the set fps (35) it just frezees the image, while i hear steps if walking.. :S and in cutscenes it slows a lot. I havent notivced difference with 1.5, 2 and 3x speed boosts...

Need help, ahvent played this one and MGS4 is waiting for me there for about 6 months already!!!
(NO i wont play it without playing this one before, it really affects)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
MGS3 currently runs poorly on any system.

You didn't mention whether or not you set native resolution in the GSDX plugin settings. That might provide a little speed boost. (probably not a very large one though)

Really the only thing you can do is wait and be patient for a newer version of PCSX2.

You make a note of MGS4. I guess your PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility?

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Try running the game in GSdx ssse3 or sse2 version
Also use NATIVE option in GSdx and disable texture filtering
disable the speed hacks and enable them one by one starting from X1.
Use an ISO if possible.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
Running from an ISO will speed up loading and load-on-the-fly game scenes significantly. Just running it from an ISO *may* make it playable for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok tried evrything but the iso. it looked horrible and only with a 4 fps improvement...
dam im really stressed out with this. Ive played other ps2 game, saint seiya the hades, and it ran fast. dam...
i think that the thing is im not using any framskip option.. cuz, ias i said, it freezes the image when reaches 35fps (which i set) though i can still hear steps if moving.

weird. VU works with the other game, but not with this one...
ok maybe ill get rip the iso...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts