Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried most ways to get pcsx2 to work but the speed stays around 20 fps. I've tried using all speed hacks and different graphic plugins, and still no change.

PCSX2 0.9.6

My specs are:
AMD Turion X2 2.2ghz
2gigs Ram
Nvidia Geforce go 6150 (825 vram)
Vista 32 bit

For the emulator my settings are:
Graphics:GSdx 845 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2_ 0.1.9
-Direct3D9 Hardware (I have Dx10 compatibility but i get the error when i set it to Dx10. I have the driver updates also to d3dx10_41.dll but still doesnt work)
-Pixel Shader 2.0
-Interlacing: None
-Aspect Ratio 4:3
-Native Uncheck
-Texture filtering checked
-Wait vsync unchecked
-Aplpha correction checked
-logarithmic Z unchecked
-enable tv-out unchecked

Sound:ZeroSPU2 r514 0.4.6
-Time scaling checked
everything else is unchecked

Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

CPU:
-EERec checked
-VU0rec checked
-VU1rec checked
-MTGS checked
-Frame Limiting - Limit

Speed Hacks:
-EE: Use x3 Cycle Rate
-INTC Sync Hack checked
-Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate checked
-Wait Cycles sync Hack checked

Bios: USA v01.60 (trying to work FFXII, havn't tried any other games)

Those are my overall specs. I can't get a decent and stable speed of around 40 fps or higher. I've even tried using pcsx2 beta and using the extra speed hacks but still doesnt seem to get me anywhere near 30+. I'm not sure if FFXII will be able to run on my laptop or if any game will be able to. If anyone knows a way i could possibly make it work that would help a lot. I really want to play some ps2 games that i didnt have the chance to. If i have to overclock my laptop's cpu i will and id like to know how much more mhz i will need. Any helpful input will be very thankful.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hate to say it but, that's probably the best you're gonna get. It looks like you got a laptop there so upgrading is most likely out of the question.

You're GPU is a big problem. That Geforce go 6150 is dragging you're good name through the mud. And it's DX9 card, so no DX10 for that one.

I would stick to 2D games if i was you, I don't know how well Turions perform, but I can tell you running anything 3D is going to be a hard sell. Also Try using the null sound plugin, I think that gives a little boost.

And run through this pcsx2 guide if you haven't already, Lot's of great info in there on how to setup PCSX2. :thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
that and your cpu is nowhere near fast enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate to say it but, that's probably the best you're gonna get. It looks like you got a laptop there so upgrading is most likely out of the question.

You're GPU is a big problem. That Geforce go 6150 is dragging you're good name through the mud. And it's DX9 card, so no DX10 for that one.

I would stick to 2D games if i was you, I don't know how well Turions perform, but I can tell you running anything 3D is going to be a hard sell. Also Try using the null sound plugin, I think that gives a little boost.

And run through this pcsx2 guide if you haven't already, Lot's of great info in there on how to setup PCSX2. :thumb:
Well, i read the page are started to tool around again and now i got a slight bit of improvement but a problem playing. For FFXII the FMVs and opening run at a smooth speed of about 60 fps but as the game begins to start i start to dramatically drop to 20,10, then about 5 fps. At first the FMVs only ran at 20-25 fps but now i cant even run the game, is there any way to fix this? i found out that using a different plugin can affect the game speed alot. Here is what i am using now.

PCSX2-r1329

Graphics:GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.9
-Direct3D9 Hardware
-Pixel Shader 2.0
-Interlacing: None
-Aspect Ratio 4:3
-Native Res checked
-Texture filtering checked
-Wait vsync unchecked
-Alpha correction checked
-logarithmic Z unchecked
-enable tv-out unchecked

Sound:ZeroSPU2 r514 0.4.6
-Time scaling checked
everything else is unchecked

Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

CPU:
-EERec checked
-VU0rec checked
-VU1rec checked
-MTGS checked
-Frame Limiting - Normal

Speed Hacks:
-EE Sync: Use x2 Cycle Rate
-INTC Sync Hack checked
-Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate checked
-Wait Cycles sync Hack checked
-Idle Loop Fast-Forward checked (beta)
-Status Flag Hack (beta)
-Min/Max Hack checked (beta)
-VU Cycle Stealing: off

All i know is i have improved with the FMV's but the gaming wont get anywhere soon till i fix this more. If there is certain plugins i should use just name it here and that would be helpful. I am also considering lowering my video ram as it takes up alot and possibly overclocking the CPU by 20%? The core speed is about 2000 mhz currently. And thanks for the earlier feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.