Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been looking into a new electronic project. i wanted to get a flashable gameboy color cart but after some searching found that they are pretty expensive.
then i found this site where you can make one from an original game cart and a flash rom chip. i have found some decent prices on eligible carts on ebay but have not been able to find a place to buy the chip. any of yall have experience in these sorts of things? any help would be really appreciated..

i found the plans and stuff here:
http://www.ziegler.desaign.de/readplus.htm

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi Bgnome, I had a look at RS Components website (rswww.com) and searched for 29F040 and found a few flash chips (4Mb chips, correct?) (RS does not allow direct linking so sorry I cannot post the URL for search results), I'm not too sure what the 150JC signifies at the end of the AMD product code (maybe its the chip package type), but RS have a couple of similar versions. They are in the UK by the way. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
sounds like an interesting project

i have experience using one of the programs they have posted up there

its the alteera program i am using it for school but the flash rom chip we have isnt the same one

but the chips we are using are 15-20 bucks so if you want to build a couple of these carts it might get expensive

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found a place that sent it to me for 5 bucks. now im waitin on my special screw bit, another 5 bucks, to start on this thing..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts