Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a lot of questions! please help me :)
I want to play Final Fantasy 7,8 ,9 with epsxe.(i've the original cds, no backup)
So here is the problems:
I can only play FF8 on the cd rom. It works perfectly. When i build an iso of that cd with CDRWin, if i launch it with epsxe (file=> run ISO) it doesn't work :confused: How do I can build a correct ISO File :confused:

I need that because i've read i need a patch to make ff9 work... It seems i must patch the iso file. SO How can i build the iso correctly? and where do i get the patch? how do i apply it to the file?

I can't also make ff7 run... Does it also need a patch?

I only have french versions, in Pal so :) Thanks in advance for any help!

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
FF7 runs fine from CD in ePSXe depending on your drivers etc etc, can u give details of your system setup, but Pete's Soft Driver 1.53 is the best for non Glide based cards like a GeForce etc etc....

I have not got FF8 so I can't help there :(!

With FF9 use IsoBuster, it works fine, the ISO should be around 723Mb, select the CDRW drive that has the original in it, then select the 'CD' label within the tree and 'right click it' select "Extract CD image' - 'RAW *.bin *.iso'...see screenshot below.......

This should make a correct ISO (called CD.bin), then apply the correct british PAL patch or US NTSC patch!

That should get it working as far as the ISO is conncerned, until u specify video settings I cannot help beyond this.

Hope this is a start for u.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okaaaaaay!

Okay! Thanks a lot!
Just a last precision: do you know where i can find this patch for pal version? where must i search? what kind of patch it is? .exe? .ips? .ppf?
I'll try to make some isos and i'll telle you if it works :)
Thank you very much for your help !

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
U can get the patch from aldostools.com/ff9, and it should be a *.ppf file, just read what it says on the site it should help alot, and your welcome :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeaaaaaaaaah! :)

Wonderfull! Now and thanks to you the 3 FF Are working on my PC :) The 9 only play the intro music but it's because i've not configured the video plug in yet. Thanks a lot for all your help! :)

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Your very welcome ENJOY FF9/8/7. I know I am :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts