Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started using the Delta frontend and I like it a lot, but I'm encountering some kind of bug or something.

Some of the time when I change the settings for a game, and hit the Apply Settings button, they don't get saved. I run the game and the settings haven't changed.

For instance, right now if I open the settings for my graphics plugin (Lewpy's Glide) and change the resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. I hit OK on the plugin dialogue then hit Apply Settings in Delta. If I then hit Configure, the resolution is back at 800x600 again.

Or if I try to change the gamepad configuration - I reconfigure the controls, save everything, Apply Settings, but the new settings don't get saved.

Usually, once a config starts refusing to change like this, it continues to have this problem. Sometimes if I restart Windows, Delta will start saving my configs again. Sometimes I have to export the config, delete the offending config, then reimport the settings as a new config, then make my changes.

The *.dta file in the config directory gets updated when I hit Apply Settings, according to file mangaer.

Any idea what's going on?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Problably because your actual epsxe needs to be changed as well or because the effect won't be noticable until you restart delta or the config may be in use... like say you got a virus trying to write to it. Otherwise I've never heard one like this before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. The *.dta files are just text files. So I compared a working config with one that was causing problems.

The working config had a long list of all the settings for Lewpy's plugin. There are 5 sections, global settings under this heading:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide]

and four similar sets of settings that you can toggle among with hotkeys:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide\0]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide\1]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide\2]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide\3]

Then I opened the *.dta file for one of the configs causing problems. It had the settings under the first heading, but the other four were all missing.

I copied/pasted the working one to the non-working file and saved it. It ran OK, but when I tried again to change the settings in Delta, and saved them, they reverted to the pre-pasting settings. I opened the problem.dta file and the four sets of Lewpy settings were gone again.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok this sounds like a registry problem. Follow these instructions:

1. If delta is running close it.
2. goto start->run and type "regedit" (noquotes) to open the registry.
3. goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing\PSEmu Pro\GPU\LewGlide
4. from the file menu select export
5. post the file it creates along with the problem.dta file here so I can read it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Attached are three files (.txt extention added for uploading purposes).

1st is the registry file you asked for.

2nd is a *.dta file immediately after importing it from ePSXeCutor.

3rd is the same *.dta file after I opened it in Delta, opened the Graphics settings, hit Configure, changed the resolution in Config 1 from 1024x768 to 800x600, hit OK, then hit Apply Settings.

Thanks for being willing to take a look at this! Delta is a very helpful tool and I appreciate you making it and sharing it.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Aha! The plugin reg enumerator is not enumerating properly. (Damnit how long has it been like that :p). Ok I'll fix that in the morning and upload ya a copy to test.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok that should do it. Replace your existing delta.exe file with the one in this zip file and let me know if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seems to have fixed it. Thank you, Betamax!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts