Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, just wanted to ask around and see what people could tell me about my problem. I bough Chrono Cross recently brand spankin new and it runs just about fine except for a couple major problems. (oxymoron or not, oh well) one, the battles, only the battles, when the camera is on one of my characters, is stutery, like double images and such. ive already seen another thread for it but it was witha vodoo5. I have a GeForce 2 mx200 64mb. i use Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.48, this problem was non exsistent before but i had to reinstall epsxe a couple of times to get tweaks all set.
anything i should know?

also, and this is the worst, no fmv's if thats what i should call them, i think thats whats goin on anyway. like in the beginning when you meet your girlfriend at the beach after you collect the scales? when the convo is over i believe theres spossed to be a video. instead a get a bunch of blocky and mixed colors on the screen. then when done, it fades back into the regular screen like nothing ever happend. anyway im very frustrated with this too and wonderin if anyone more experienced than me can figure this our for me or have had the problem themselves.
please help! thanks!

· Registered
12,014 Posts
josecaronski: Does the initial movie before starting a game also not work (not the ocean thing, I'm talking about the fairly long introduction)? If so, you probably need to enable MDECs, which you can do a couple of ways, but the easiest is with ePSXeCutor. You may also have to get rid of the old ePSXe information in your registry and reinstall again.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, in options, mdecs is checked off, i dont know if i should have the timing on too. ill fool around with that stuff a little more and see if it works though. but ryos, one thing, couldya tell me where to find my reg info? can i find it in regedit under run? or is there a reg file i can edit? thanks for the GPU suggestion Rargh.

· Registered
12,014 Posts
Using good old copy and paste, here's what kairi00 pointed out on the PSX Fanatics board:

Well if you want here goes (I've tried this, and if you follow exactly, everything should be fine... as long as you don't mess with the other registry entries).
1. Click "Start->Run"
2. Type regedit in the box that comes up
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe, and delete this key
4. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vision Thing, and delete this key as well.
5. All ePSXe settings should've been wiped out now.

· Registered
1,246 Posts
You're welcome, and yep, erasing all your epsxe registry before making changes may help.

>>can i find it in regedit under run?

Absolutely, there's the path:
hkey_current_user/software/epsxe/

erase it, reboot, and do as Ryos said.

Hope that'll work.

Bye

· Registered
1,246 Posts
Ryos:

I don't think erasing plugins entries will solve the problem, since it is an emulator problem.
btw, just a curious and quite amusing thing: I saw this mdec key and it is set to 0 :) (all mdecs works here for the information)

bye

· <B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
yeah, 'wipereg' sounds like a freaking trojan bomb or something.. but yeah it works, but i guesss it's only useful for guys who don't know anything about the registry, and don't like fiddling around with it.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.