Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eveybody whats going on?? i tryed a couple of times to run Zelda: The Ocarina of Time on several emulators, including this one of course, it worked, but it was very very slow.. Can anyone help me or tell me another emu that runs it perfectly.. thanks for the time..

· Registered
1,199 Posts
It would be better if u post your PC config in the posts that u want to ask something about problems with emulatos....Helps a lot the people who is about to answer your thread.....

PS: (I did that once too...but everyone says the same in the end...this happens everytime...so peope end putting theyr config in theyr own signature...U'll see this a lot of times....)

· Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Well,with your specs,it's no wonder that it ran slow,PJ64 requires at least a P3 600 and for some games it even requires something like 1GHz.
The best emu for you would be SupraHLE since Zelda runs fairly well with it and it naturally supports Glide(it's a hack of UltraHLE).

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raziel i tried it wit the supra, it seemed to run the game because the emulation started, but there was no picture?? in other words no image what so ever... do u know what the problem could be??

jonys - estou morando no novo mexico..

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Cool.....
But i just have been in florida and NY............

(PS: U should try opening the supraHLE config and see if both Sound emulation and Graphics emulation are selected...My machine is similar to yours and the game works fine...i don't see why your is not playing the rom....Anyway try out what i said...)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
besides zelda, i only have mario64 it works perfect on corn, i tried it on supra and it did not work though.. the resolution is 640x480..

hmmm. i tried switching the INI file with the original Ultrahle INI.. the game now starts but then crashes on the nintendo 64 screen..

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Strange...My Ultrahle works fine with that resolution.....in Zelda....
And u know...Besides the ram your machine is a little better than mine....Try to download UltraHle....but i'm afraid that since u already tried with supra...and two games didn't work out...with UHLE there isn't much chance to work too...Forget Corn...With a 256 Mbit game like Zelda is impossible to play with your specs....
If UltraHle don't works with u I'm afraid u'll have to postpone a little your game play...

There's a big chance that another people around here can answer this questions...(since there's a lot of dudes that works as programmers, as well as with emulation....and know much more than me....) .....since everyone is traveling or busy right now u'll have to wait a little more....that's all i can help.....bye...

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Another brazilian get into the thread: Are u using the latest version of SupraHLE(v1.1.1)? There's a configurator that comes with it, so check if all the configs there are correct. Do not use UltraHLE's INI with SupraHLE, cuz they are a bit different. Also check if you have a good dump of the game. You check it with GoodN64. I used UltraHLE to play Zelda some time ago, and I could finish it with no problems, with decent speed(my specs are lower than yours). I tried it with SupraHLE also, and it works perfectly.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
emtee: if you are not using a voodoo card, you will have to use a glide wrapper. Hit the 'Configure Video' button on the Supra configurator, and go through each of the glide wrappers that are available until you find one that works well with your graphics card. For example, I have a GeForce 2 GTS and I use the Gl2Ideal 1.6 glide wrapper.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
You could also try visiting http://www.smiff.clara.net/utils/wrappers.htm for some help on Glide Wrappers and other N64 emulators. And for some reason you cannot configure MGlide 1.246H using the Supra Congfigurator, it pops up the GL2Ideal Config box. Maybe you can run MGSetup.exe in the Glide Wrappers\MGlide v1.246H folder if you want to config this one.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
UncleClive, emtee has a Voodoo3. Check his second post to see his specs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.