Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After update to XP Service Pack 3, my CD-ROM cannot start. I try to restart, the problem still occur, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I try to update the driver, I get the same message. I also try to search Acer, Microsoft and Google for driver, unfortunately I cannot find the driver.

I have another option, roll back to Service Pack 2.

Right now I choose to find the driver first. Can anyone help me? Before I take the other option.

Thank you.

PS : Acer Veriton 3900Pro

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Delete the upper and lower filters.

In order to delete upper and lower filters you're going to have to edit the registry. The usual cautions apply. If the registry is not edited properly your whole system can crash.

1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
** SYSTEM
*** CurrentControlSet
**** Control
***** Class
****** {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

* UpperFilters
* LowerFilters
* UpperFilters.bak
* LowerFilters.bak

5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone

You will need to reinstall applications like CloneCD, Anydvd, Packet writing software like InCD or Direct2Disk, after doing this to restore their function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.