Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ive been thinking of these gpu's for a lil bit now but cant seem to come to a decision it doesnt seem to be a big difference in the three but if there's something Im missing in performance or otherwise Id like to know so I can get the best for my money.If anyone can help me decide on these it will be appreciated I got basically all my stuff for my new rig and Im down to just the gpu now and this has always been a thing I wanted the absolute best in my price range so If you can make a strong factor towards one of these or another card altogether please share and explain why if you can.Thank you.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100279-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i think... theyre all the same, except for clock speeds, which can easily be changed by the user. go for the cheapest one and OC it.

My gtx260 is just basic from evga, but i oced it to the cards that are like $50 more.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think... theyre all the same, except for clock speeds, which can easily be changed by the user. go for the cheapest one and OC it.

My gtx260 is just basic from evga, but i oced it to the cards that are like $50 more.
well I noticed that on every card I actually put down here they were basically the same besides a couple of things on two of them it would tell me the stream processor speed and the ramdac speed as well, on one of them though it didnt tell me either of those, whats with that?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On ATI GPUs, shader processor (stream processor) speed is determined by core speed.
o ok so if the core clock speed is at 750 like the vapor-x version thats what the stream processor runs at as well?? because its the only one that doesnt have it seperate out of the ati gpu's Im looking at, all the rest have 750 core clock speeds and 800 stream processor speeds and Im guessing now because theres a 50 mhz difference is the only reason they mentioned it seperatley then the core clock speed then,makes sense if thats correct.

Speaking of GPU , can some one tell me how to Find mine?
is PCI Express a mother board? do you think its good? would it allow me to use intel Core Duo Processors? is Replacing processors easy?

sorry if its the wrong thread to ask.

EDIT: nvm lol didn't read the first one.
lol not to mention hijacking the thread.

·
Banned
343 Posts
I edited my post after posting a stupid question without reading lol
Thx ninja edits.

any ways i didn't hijack this thread. it was mista

any ways , can some one tell me is PCI Express Fast and capable of running intel core duo processors? I have PCI Express 16 if that is enough. [Read my other Thread]?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can some one tell me is PCI Express Fast and capable of running intel core duo processors? I have PCI Express 16 if that is enough. [Read my other Thread]
pci express has nothing to do with your cpu processor its where you put video cards,audio cards etc.And pci express 16 is older now theres now pci express 16x 2.0 which is what you want on your mobo.

and you did hi jack the thread my subject and question had nothing to do whatsoever with a cpu processor or for that matter even pci express.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
No, the specs are saying it has 800 stream processors that run at 750 MHz stock. You can see an example here (look in the Shaders section). I have the third card listed in your post. I would try the Vapor-X one, the stock cooler on mine didn't impress me very much (easily ran in the 80s C under normal load, hit 94 C in four seconds in OCCT GPU test).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the specs are saying it has 800 stream processors that run at 750 MHz stock. You can see an example here (look in the Shaders section). I have the third card listed in your post. I would try the Vapor-X one, the stock cooler on mine didn't impress me very much (easily ran in the 80s C under normal load, hit 94 C in four seconds in OCCT GPU test).
o,ok thank you n_w and from what I see everyone agrees on the vapor-x version so I think thats what Im going to go with since I was really leaning to that one anyways I just hope it will be ok size wise considering I have a mid tower its going into,but thank you everyone for the input you've been most helpful cant wait to get this vapor-x badboy. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you could wait for the HD58XX series to launch (September 11 i believe), i'm sure there will be price drops on older model
oh and what's your PSU?
rosewill 750w and yeah I know about the new series of gpu's coming out but Ive purchased almost everything within this month and I still havent been able to make sure everything works and is not DOA,so if I wait to long it will be past the 30 day warranty then I'll be screwed if anythings DOA or I have any other problems with my stuff.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.