Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've found my montior is acting funny. It's blue is so strong, that it washes out black colors and just had a strange tint to it. I have messed with the onboard coloring on it and when u revert it back to different temps, and color settings it gets worse. I even check my video card a 9600xt.

It is a crt, and I have been looking into getting a LCD'17 inc. To replace this one. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good LCD under 200 dollars, or a place where I could find one for under 200. I've been to newegg.com and amazon. Even did a search through pricegrabber.com, but no luck. Just was hoping maybe someone new of a place I am not looking.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
ice is right. For a good LCD monitor especially for gaming you're gonna have t spend more. My second computer has a 17" LCD that we paid ~$600.00 for. Of course we got it when it was new :laugh:

Anyways, Still today, for gaming, CRT is the way to go. You get the sharpest image, for a great price and that will last you a long time. The only downfall is that they are bulky. LCD's still have a way to go before I use it on my main rig. They are getting much better thopugh - but for $200.00 you'll be getting junk that probably is blurry as hell and is horrid for games.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would suggest putting a little bit more doe and getting a 19" CRT, ones with an apeture grill. Those monitors produce very good quality images and for their price should be affordable. The ones I would recommend are Viewsonic as they are not too pricy, if you can afford to spend a bit more then go with NEC(Mitsubishi now I think).

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you're only able to spend $200, it'd probably be better if you spent it on a flat panel CRT monitor. You could get a good 19" as has been said. Try to get a Viewsonic, as they are a very good company. My friend's brother has had his CRT for around 3 years, and it's still going strong.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
You are not going to get a decent 17' LCD for 200 USD, i got mine for 560 USD and it was what i would consider a good aquisition in my country. Get a 19' CRT, Samsung is a viable choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts