Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others i have problems with switching to disc 2 in FF 9. The general solution would be saving on memory card, starting disc 2 and loading the save.
Unfortunately this is not an option, since my epxse 1.52 doesn't load the iso. I get the patch screen, and that's it. Dead end.
The Isos were created with IsoBuster 1.8, and i've also tried cdrwin.
Playing from CD is no option either since for some reason i can't get the drives running. I've tried different plugins but neither the dvd- nor the cdrw-drive respond. They have no problems recognizing the discs with explorer, it just seems they don't want to work together with the emu.

When i try to start the disc1 Iso it won't start either. It worked perfectly untill today and i didn't change any settings. When opening the Iso my emu seems to freeze, but when i push esc and open a save file it works again...
So when i want to load from memory card i have to open a state from the emu and kill my party to access the memory card menu.

My theory is now that i could just do so with disc two - kill myself, load the memory card save from the end of disc one - but i have no save states for the disc two Iso.
So it would be great if i someone could post a link to a save file of a spoiler free battle from disc two. And maybe also for disc three and four ;) .I'm using a german pal version with ePSXe 1.52 .

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't matter. Problem solved.
I figured the emu somehow got messed up when patching the second disc, so i copied the memory card data, deleted the epxse directory and unzipped again...

I don't know why the f... it works again, but it does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.