Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently working on a Soundfont fie that is suppose to sound perfectly realistic. Unfortunately My ears are tired and I can't judge anymore, so If someone (The more the better) would be so kind as to listen to an mp3 I made of a FF9 tune and give me feedback I would most appreciate it.

just go here:
http://www.geocities.com/neo_waxworks/test/

And download ff9.zip

Note that it is encoded at 22khz for space saving purposes and to make it a smaller download. The real thing sounds much better. What I am looking for is feed back on instruments and wether or not they sound real to you or not.

If this one goes well I'll make another of a Non game type and test it :)

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
errrm yes it sounds good to me, as for how the instruments sounded compared to there real counterparts I'd say they sounded great but not perfectlly like them but I dont really listen to music like that a lot so I've not much knowledge to judge them by.
If I heard it and wasnt told it was done using a computer I think I wouldnt have known to be honest though

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool!!!! thats the effect I am shooting for!!!... when it gets to a point where you can't tell then that means It's pretty life like! :)

I'll do another and upload it also. Maybe something with guitar, AC/DC perhaps! :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm..ok still looking through my midi collection for a "good" Ac/DC midi. I did run accross one that I think will make a better test.
Same url as above but look for SWastroid.zip

I need feedback on this one badly!! It uses almost evey Soundfont instrument I've worked on the last few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.