Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am running FFVII on ISO, on ePsxe and it has run flawlessly thus far.
But now, the Airbuster fight had to happen. (Boss at the end of the 2nd reactor; disc1)
Well the battle screen swirls, and then nothing. screen goes black, and the music never once freezes; just never brings up the fight either. I thought maybe it was just a blacked over screen but I can't hear any battle effects from the enemy so...

if no one has a real idea of a fix, would someone be willing to take my memcards, or statesave, and get me past the boss? I would prefer it if someone would send me back a statesave during or after the battle, that would be great; but I know some of you are weary of statesaves, and if so; just save as soon as possible after falling from the ractor; talking to Aeris, etc.
I'm at lvl 16 w/ cloud and barret, and 15 with Tifa...so the battle should NOT be a problem if it has to come to this :bounce:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
dizavidhz said:
Oh, and I'm not sure how to attach a file to here, if its at all possible, so email addy plz :)
just zip or rar your memcard save, and go down where it says "additional options" in the posting box...go to Manage Attachments...and it's pretty self explanatory ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Um...(feels like [email protected]) what do I use to zip a file?

Yea I tried using the original disc; it did the same; although ePsxe did detect an error reading the disc for a brief second in the battle swirl; it got past the battle swirl then just didn't bring up the battle still.

:(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
then probably you have a scrathed disc, and a faulty ISO because of that. Being that the case, use winzip, winrar, powerarchiver or any of the gazillion compression tools avaliable on the net and attach the file. BTW, please don't post multiple times on a row, use the edit button to add information to a previous one when needed.

Anyway, you should try ePSXe 1.5.2 if you are playing on 1.6.0, it haves some weird problems with FF games.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay here are my memcards...I put both before I realized how unecessary it was to put both... ^_^

The save is the only one with cloud at lvl 16, first memcard.

Thnx

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
alright, it's a done deal. if you havent played the game, here's a quick rundown:

airbuster blows a whole in the catwalk and cloud falls down into the church. you meet the flower girl, Aeris. the Turks show up and punk Aeris, who later tells you that they've always been after her (you'll get to that later ;) ). to continue on from where i saved, just keep going left to aeris' house.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well on second thought, i think you sent me back my same memcard...I dunno if I did this right first off though...its a .rar file? was I supposed to rename it epsxe00.mcr? Anyway, it loads up my old memcard file, with the original saves, and the other one is empty as it should be...I moved the old one from the memcard folder, but still loads that one...so either ya sent me my same saves back, or else I gotta do something else besides rename the file...?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
No dont rename it. You need to extract it with winrar. Search in google for Winrar tool. Its one tool u should allways have anyway ;)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yep, what i do is rename the memory card to the person i'm helping's username, that makes it easier and i wont screw up with a pile of epsxe000.mcr's ;) it's in there, just unrar it and point epsxe to it (or you can rename it back to epsxe000.mcr if you'd like)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well thanks...I got it to work, and can finally continue....I hated to think I'd done all that over levelling (atleast for me) in the reactor just for it to not be playable!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ugh okay...I won't ask anyone to babysit me but...its done it again...and I'm not even out of midgar yet...I'll upload my cards again but...if no ones in a hurry to do this yet again; I still got oddworld 2 to try and beat :p

Okay i forgot to add this so i'm trying out edit; hope it dont post a new mssg seperately..
okay I'm in shinra bldg, and either the fight at the top of the stairs or as you run right into the shinra bldg with the red soldliers...so all I need is someone to get past either fight, then go back outside and save...the fastest way obviously is to just run inside and fight, then go back outside and save but..if you REALLY wanna climb all those stairs, it can be done that way...once again Im pretty sure that even against this easy fight my lvls are more than enough to take care of that ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Why don't you try posting your current epsxe version, plugin set and configs for everyone of them? If we can spot the problem, it would be faster if you can surpass that scenes by yourself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
um, well I'm usually crappy at including all the needed info, but here goes:

GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 = Graphics card

Using Epsxe version 1.5.2 (is it just me; or does 1.6.0 seem...sorta buggy?)

Graphics plugins: perfer P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.16
Set at:
Stretching set to full window size
Dithering off
um...don't really see any other settings to put.

As an alternate, I switch back and forth between pete's plugins...just depending on when one will run something better than the other...blah blah

Dunno if it matters but for Sound, I use either Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41,
or else Eternal SPU Plugin lite 1.41....set to Direct Sound, buffer size 52
Audio out method set to threat, with Update before accessing register checked..

and finally for Cdrom, I'm using Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8

never played with any of the settings in there

alright, mebbe something here can be changed to fix my prob; but I'm honestly thinking its a bad iso from a scratched cd...although its like teasing me for the rest of the game, fmv's included, to run flawlessly

oh well...back to oddworld for now ^_^

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah...infact the cd makes the battle swirl skip also, but once it reads past it, it does the exact same problem; the battle swirl disappears, the music keeps playing without as much as a pause, but no battle screen pops up with it...and I don't hear the sounds of fighting, so I guess its just black screened?? :-(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Pete's opengl should work for you, try these configs:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode <-- change this to whatever you prefer
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
- B8G8R8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001] <-- It's the first one, the one that says "Only for FFVII"

Eternal doesn't need threats to output the sound, the sound card is usually glad to do it ;) . Try spuasync, in smooth mode.

Failing that, just wait until hushy does it for you :p .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, well thanks...but it didnt work..however it does make the battle swirl much smoother...it always ran flawlessly...but now looks much more like ps...

well thanks again...guess I"ll just wait on hushy ;-P

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
heh, ok i'll get to the next part for ya. i need to go to school in about 5 minutes so i dont have time, and i'm busy after school today but i'll get to it the first chance i get.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts