Next Generation Emulation banner

Where is Nebuchadnezzar from?

  • Norse Mythology

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egyption History

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babylonian History

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Roman Mythology

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bible

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • A fictitious name made for a Magic: The Gathering card

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A fictitious name made for Morpheus's ship in the Matrix

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Greek Mythology

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    8
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by this person's nick, was wondering who actually knows what Nebuchadnezzar is from.

so here is a fun poll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, thats why I haven't voted, thought it would of been suspicious to have the first answer be the right one, kind of a give away.
 

·
playing FGO
Joined
·
10,133 Posts
uhhh....from the bible? :confused:
 

·
playing FGO
Joined
·
10,133 Posts
well at least that's what I remember from my grade school days. :p I think there was another nebuchadnezzar from Babylonian history too....but that was mentioned in the bible as well afaik.
 

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
Joined
·
5,568 Posts
Isn't he the guy who constructed the HANGING GARDEN OF B.. ? hehe..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, he was a babylonion king, can't remember if he constructed the hanging gardens or only designed them. As for the bible, I have no clue, never read it, as for being a Magic card, yep, I had it too, LONG LONG ago, couldn't pronounce it, thats why I looked it up origionally, and yes, its the name of Morpheus's ship to, but a Babylonian King before all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
well, he was a babylonion king, can't remember if he constructed the hanging gardens or only designed them. As for the bible, I have no clue, never read it, as for being a Magic card, yep, I had it too, LONG LONG ago, couldn't pronounce it, thats why I looked it up origionally, and yes, its the name of Morpheus's ship to, but a Babylonian King before all.
he didn't construct the hanging garden. It's amazing of the stuff you learn in French :heh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Well.... he *is* in the Bible.... Book of Daniel, in the Old Testament... and yes, he's a Babylonian King, 604-562 BC, I think....so the answer to the poll is somewhat ambiguous ;)

And I think he had something to do with the Hanging Garden, although I'm not certain what the connection is.... :p
 

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
Joined
·
5,568 Posts
Actually nobody really knows who built the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.. But there are a couple of rumors as to who built them..
1. By Nebuchadnezzar II, as a gift to his wife.. or something along that line..
2. By some Assyrian queen, I don't know her name..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
Actually nobody really knows who built the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.. But there are a couple of rumors as to who built them..
1. By Nebuchadnezzar II, as a gift to his wife.. or something along that line..
2. By some Assyrian queen, I don't know her name..
Ahh... thank you... that's very educational. :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Hey.. at least you picked up something in high school..... the only things I picked up in high school were chicks, chicks, and more chicks :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
Why? were you raising Chicken during high school?
:p j/k
Yeah.... it was a side job... you know... I gotta figure out how to get by on my own... haha... ;)

(man that sounded like I'm pimping or something... heh)..

Aight I better stop now... don't want to ruin Ryoga's thread.. mwahaha :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by kairi00
Well.... he *is* in the Bible.... Book of Daniel, in the Old Testament... and yes, he's a Babylonian King, 604-562 BC, I think....so the answer to the poll is somewhat ambiguous ;)

And I think he had something to do with the Hanging Garden, although I'm not certain what the connection is.... :p
Well, not really, he WAS a babylonian king before he was in a the bible, they didn't write about him before he existed, so the bible still TOOK that info from Babylonian history.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Me? I'm from Germany? :rofl:

If you ask me it's from The Matrix (OK, he's mentioned in the Bible, too). It's the Hovercraft of Morpheus

Believe me, I should know it ;)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top