Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Read Only
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably already known, but if you have a USB bluetooth adapter that already works with the Wiimote/bluesoliel, it'll work in Windows 7 without the need to buy Bluesoliel. I have 2 adapters that I used to use with BS and the need for it was eliminated in Windows 7. Just a heads up. :)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Yup. Just tried it and Dax was right. Windows 7's built-in bluetooth support will allow the Wiimote to connect.

Great find Dax! Now I can be rid of BlueSoliel Vista x64.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
I thought Vista also had the ability to do this as well? According to some, all they had to do was plug their dongle in and Vista would find the appropriate drivers and automatically install them. Then there would be an option for Bluetooth devices in the control panel.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Microsoft has updated its Bluetooth drivers and now defaults to using the BlueSoliel bluetooth stack for certain bluetooth dongles. It seems that in Windows 7, though, that they have updated their "Generic Blutooth Radio" driver such that it can connect to more bluetooth devices that usually only BlueSoliel can connect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even if Vista perfectly see my BT with Microsoft driver, I still need to remove the wiimote driver, when I need to reconnect. Is still like that or simply reconnect works?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I registered to post this because this is one of the highest hits on google for wiimote windows 7. I'm having problems. I have tried with three different bluetooth adapters, two of which are known working in XP x64 and Vista x64.

I can add the device, but that's it. I haven't been able to get GlovePIE to recognize it with or without any of the bluetooth fixes checked.

I have even tried a demo of Blue Soleil, which I can connect to the device HID service, but it also won't work in GlovePIE. I also can't pair the device (am I supposed to? I thought not...).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don't pair a bluetooth device to your adapter, then it isn't actually detected.
MMMmmm that is incorrect. Pairing is for seamless connections when either device has been powered off and/or moved out of range.

If I go to Bluetooth > Add Device, then hit 1+2 on the wiimote and "Nintendo blahberandomalphanumeric" shows up, then yes, I think it's detected. Or I need to return my bluetooth adapters to Satan from whence they were borne!

And then I have the option to "pair device" which prompts me to add a passkey, but no passkey will work... blank, 0000, whatever...it just says authentication failed or connection failed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Choose "Pair without using a code". It works just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Choose "Pair without using a code". It works just fine.
I tried that loads of times and I kept getting authentication failed.

When I go home I'll attempt to remove anything related to the bluetooth stack I don't absolutely need, and reinstall. Also, I'll try to remove the batteries from the wiimote for a while and use the sync button instead of 1+2.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Oh yeah, that reminds me.

If you install your adapter's drivers, it will often install its own bluetooth stack. You must use the Microsoft bluetooth stack in order for this to work properly. You may even have to force your adapter to use the Microsoft version.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.