Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Well, they were a bit too fast denying those rumours, in my opinion.

Who knows... they might have even built in a real display and a durable touch surface...

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Alright that is IT!

smaller doesn't nessesarely means better!If they're shrinking the screens too I don't see why they even BOTHER making it smaller and smaller.. jesus icecreamtruck christ man. STOP IT ARGHHHWOOPTEBOODOOBEOOO.Now if it was bigger I would've bought it.. well I would have waited a few years until it reached 39.99$ or at least 99$.

it's kinda like capcom reusing the street fighter franchise over and over again. WE DO NOT WANT ANOTHER COMPILATION, I HAVE THE DREAMCAST VERSION OF STREET FIGHTER ALPHA 3 ALREADY!! WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A NEW GAME? geeeahhh! ;\..noooo capcom doesn't make new sprites, they reuse the old ones..

eerr.. yeah. DS lite, smaller is no good. Give me bigger plz.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigger? like in, bigger than the current DS?
Well, the d-pad and buttons on the current DS are on the small side (the ones on the DSLite seem more convenient even), but otherwise....compared to my mobile phone it's a bit of a joke.
If you want bigger than that, you don't want a portable ;)
I'll sell you my current DS if you want. It's flashed and can do cool stuff and all ;) - then I'll get the new one ;)

· Registered
1,733 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I hope that the 'smaller' DS doesn't have the same effect as when they made the GB Pocket. I hated that design simply because it doesn't fit in my hands nicely, even though I don't have big hands. Smaller ain't always better to some people.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
man, what a hard decision. i am going to buy a DS sometime soon (i was supposed to actually go to japan and buy one, my mom decided she wants to go to hawaii so i guess it's gonna be playasia for me :p)

i have big hands so it's like....do i want the more meaty original DS? or the more pocket-sized/easily portable....

anyone want to pre-order?

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Clements said:
Screensize is the same as the original DS, the buttons are better positioned, it's smaller and lighter, and has adjustable brightness. The DSLite retains all the functionality of the standard DS.

Links:

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4508
http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6426221.html
http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?mo...Nintendo+DS+is+Here&cb=0.7055475&cb=0.7055475
Whew, I'm reassured :)
hushypushy said:
NEVAR!!

· [Insert Ad Here]
334 Posts
Well it isn't as bad as Apple and their Ipod. It seems like they're changing that damn thing every couple of month.

· Registered
411 Posts
Samor, and anyone else who feels slighted by Nintendo somewhat because of this; I hope you're very young. Because re-launching their handhleds after 1y6mo or 2 years is their M.O., they have always done it since the original Gameboy to now. Fortunately the Gameboy to Gameboy Pocket took a bit longer, but after that it's been like clockwork, every 2 years (approx) a new iteration.

That's why I held out on the DS initially, well that and wondering how the PSP would pan out (what games it would get). After seeing this new bad boy, I'm definitley getting it -- its remedied all the problems I had with the original. Brighter screen (in the store it was a pain to see, I'd hate to take it out side -- was never as bad as the original GBA, but it was bad none the less) and smaller so it will fit in my pocket without looking too obvious or limiting leg movement because it takes up all the real estate in my pocket :p.

Can't wait for this myself -- rest assured though that Nintendo will once again re-design the DS within the next 2 years.

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
What's next? DS micro? :innocent:

Yours,
-E

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Samor said:
actually I must admit I feel a bit cheated.
The thing is just out a little over a year and a redesign already?
i will honestly ask you, why? if i bought a DS yesterday, i would not feel cheated. it's the same height, the same depth, and it's 40 mm narrower. that's it! it's a few grams lighter....and adjustable brightness. that's about it. now, obviously, i have set my sights on buying this one, but to anyone with a regular DS, it's not a big deal. this certainly isnt as big of a jump as GBA to GBA SP. it's more like old GBA SP to the new GBA SP. dontcha think?

· Registered
10,973 Posts
IIRC the Gameboy Micro DOESN'T support Gameboy/Color games, only the Gameboy Advance games... Considering that point, I just want an older Game Boy Advance SP :innocent:

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
what's wrong with the new GBA SP? i cant see why you'd want the old SP considering you can get the new one with the better, brighter, backlit screen and different (black) buttons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.