Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tryed to play NDS on pc but when i play the game somthing is wrong and what is the best emulator for NDS?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
The best in terms of playability and compatibility would be DeSmuME or no$gba, iDeaS still has too many audio and performance issues and NeonDS does not have any sound. DualiS only plays homebrew games.

However as this is a genereal question and not specifically related to iDeaS I am moving it to misc handheld discussion. Please in future try and locate the correct forum for your query. Anything not specifically related to a specific emu always goes into misc discussion.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thx shall try and downlaod the Emulator and try

sorry to post in the wrong place

the DeSmuME when i try to play a game there the music is fine but is not soo good you hear the sound is jumping or haking why?

and i see its play on 50& when some intro is show why does it not play onn 100%?

when i play its upp to 73%

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is NO$GBA better? or does it have some problem to?

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Because you have a weak computer that's why...or perhaps at this stage the game just can't run any better in that particular emulator....anyways if you are looking for absolute perfection all the time then emulation is not a hobby for you. Just because an emu can run a game does not mean it can do so well and completely without issues. Imperfect and staticy sound and lag are just a few of the issues you will have to deal with, not all the time, but most certainly with some games.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
what is the best to have on a pc when you play a emulator then? i know i cant get a perfect pc but i have never get the NDs too work before now becase i did take the wrong emulator.

i have only pick this emulator iDeaS and it whont work so much have many problem whit it too

· Lurker, pretty much...
324 Posts
Well, keep in mind that none emulator supports more than two (more like one) cores, so for example, a >3Ghz processor (even single-core) will certainly handle DS emulation better than your 2.4Ghz CPU.
Depending on the games, however, you could try changing a few settings:
the DeSmuME when i try to play a game there the music is fine but is not soo good you hear the sound is jumping or haking why?

and i see its play on 50& when some intro is show why does it not play onn 100%? when i play its upp to 73%
For the "jumping sound", you could try changing the frameskip setting to something other than Auto, such as 1 or 2. I assume the Auto option causes irregular frameskipping (between 0 and 9) when under 60FPS.

The percentage shown behind DeSmuME isn't the emulation speed (unlike in NO$GBA). It's like the CPU usage of the DS, and whenever it reaches 99%, frames will be "skipped", causing the game to lag.
Anyway, don't pay attention to this option ; instead check View->View FPS and rely on the first value to get the frame rate.

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have a 4 cores processor. so i cant play some game that need 4Ghz becase mine is too low or? and thx shall try it

· Lurker, pretty much...
324 Posts
Your processor is not that bad. Mine is a 2.66Ghz dual-core processor, and I'm still getting good frame rates in DeSmuME, and (I think) perfect speed in No$GBA. No need to get in troubles with buying another CPU :p

And the games don't run at 4Ghz, the two processors from the DS can run at most 66Mhz. It's just synchronizing things and emulating the instructions that slows the process down.

Besides, have you tried the tips I mentionned for DeSmuME?

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
i have this

not on auto on 0

somethimes its goos smooth sometime not its only in intro not when i play it happed

and when i see there is much going on in that game the emulator slow down but that i think i cant do anything about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.