Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts

·
Emunext fanboy
4,245 Posts
Kaillera works for Neogeo/Cps1 and 2 games. That means that you can play with SNK neogeo games only. And the last SNK game on Neogeo was Samurai shodown 5 special on 2003. We can't play the later games like : KOF Neowave, KOF XI, NeoGeo Battle closeum, KOF Maximum Impact, Samurai Shodown Tenkaichi and the also upcoming KOF Maximum impact 2 or Metal Slug 6.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
ah yes... kof online. the lag sure was tasty. ;)
quick comment on lineage 2: its too damn simple to be a good mmo in my books.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
hum actually lineage 2 isnt a good mmo :p its the kinda game that u either love or hate, i for once love it, but i admit that the game is simple and not very complex like everquest 2 or FFXI. non the less that doesnt change what i said. And its not easy to make such great designs for armors and weapons like l2 has it. and l2 is was the only one to succeed with great pvp ;)

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
i guess... although, i can honestly say i've never gone around comparing armor/weapon designs. :p

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
kingking 3rd said:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051110/snk_nc.htm

ncsoft is the maker of lineage series. they are going to port kof, samurai shodown, metal slug, twinkle star spirits, etc to pc with online support. what kind of service model they are going to use is unknown.
I'm curious if they'll support multiple joysticks, it'd be nice to be able to use my Playstation Dual Shocks for KOF/SS/MS, and I wonder which versions will be supported?

Metal Slug 3 is the best Metal Slug IMSHO, King of Fighters was 98,99,2003, and Samarai Showdown was 1 & 2...I dunno about others... Puzzle Bubble/Bust a Move would be cool as well...But I like a lot of Neo Geo, like Pulstar, League Bowling, Money Idol Exchange, games they'd never put of the PC in a bazillion years...

But I have MAME, I guess I'll have to be happy with that...

And I can't wait until I get an XBOX, I have SVC Chaos for it and it supports live ;)

Maybe I'll have broadband by then? :thumb:

I wonder if XBOX users will be able to play live after the 360 is released?
:hdbash:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wish I had the time to invest into Lineage II to make an educated opinion of it. I got to play the beta, and while I had a little bit of fun, the game was a long treadmill and I knew I woudln't be able to get to the end. I read bits n pieces about siege's and guilds fighting, makes me think about it again and again...but I'm afraid it will eat up all of my free time so I stay away.

I hope SNK Playmore and NCSoft make quickly accessible games instead of long gruelling "im a hamster running in a wheel" feeling games.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Lobo said:
I hope SNK Playmore and NCSoft make quickly accessible games instead of long gruelling "im a hamster running in a wheel" feeling games.
unfortunetly, that seems to be the only way they can think of making it. the longer it takes to do anything, the longer (they hope) you'll play. thus, the longer you'll pay.

·
Registered
411 Posts
All htey have to do is make the 'grind' more entertaining. Some meaningful quests instead of teh fetch quests. WoW approaches it good with all the little dungeons and killing a boss in there or finding an item inside of a dungeon that takes a good group to do. It's still a fetch quest but it takes some skill and interaction between other players instead of just going to a place on the overworld and practically being able to walk right up to what you need.

I did love the look of the game, and honestly, if it was free for hte first 49 levels I'd easily be playing it. :p I just don't want to pay while I'm waiting to get to the meat of hte game (the high end PvP).

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
yeah, but WoW is from blizzard. they don't suck. problem is, nobody else is blizzard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.