Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING DO NOT DO THIS IF USING XP AND DO NOT KNOW THE RIGHT OR NUMBER OF KEY PUSHES TO GET BACK TO A USABLE RESOLUTION. THIS MIGHT BE DIFFICULT FOR SOME (1/10) IN WIN 7 BUT IT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE MENUS WITH SLIDERS

Things you will need

1.A computer that can run SSF (OF COURSE)

2. A version of SSF with direct Draw capabilities

Video card and OS info.

Display: Toshiba 26HFB5 connected via HDMI, with Component, Svideo, YUV, capabilities. AFAIK Ive been able to display resolutions from 160x140 (gameboy) 1280x720p and can ?upscale? to 1920x1080i

Video card: EVGA 2GB GEFORCE GT 610

Info and how to perform the act

I've been trying to figure this one out for awhile and i finally got it. as you all know the Sega Saturn outputs video at vertical resolutions of 448, 480, 512
For instance mega man 8/X4 will output 320x480 street fighter alpha 3 384x448 etc.
(info that sort of helped taken from http://segaretro.org/VDP2_32-bit_background_and_scroll_plane_video_display_processor)

If you have ever used SSF you know you can see the mouse/cursor move around this will help you know if you can or if you were able to get it correct.

Lets assume your using ROCKMAN 8 J(japan)

1. open your Nvidia control panel

2. choose the change resolution option

3. choose the customize option

4. choose create custom resolution

5. where it says *Display mode (as reported by windows) just underneath you will see options for horizontal and vertical. in the Horizontal option enter 320 and in the vertical enter 480 and of course for the scan type option choose Progressive.

6. hit test if it works windows will display a very narrow display horizontally (don't let this disturb you) hit ok to add resolution

7. go back to the Change resolution menu if 320x480 is unticked in custom resolutions tick it than choose the resolution and you should have the display seen in the test this is due to window itself

6. now boot SSF, notice that when you move the mouse/cursor it will only move left and right horizontally the amount of the windows display but you will have a beautiful crisp 320x480 display. Enjoy :)

Note this may work with ATI card and powerstrip but i'm not sure i used to have a ATI 2600 HD which is a unmoddified arcadeVGA but tbh i don't own a arcade monitor and it kinda sucked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts