Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The watermarks on the darker colors I see through my monitor have somehow gotten pretty bad. To give you an idea, it looks like a step ladder on the left side of this forum, and it looks like the area to the right of the text is "warped" a bit. I don't remember it being like this before...I've tried settings my refresh rate higher and lower, changing resolutions, etc, but no go.:(

The monitor is a CRT that is less than a year old...Any ideas what might cause(or fix) this?(I hope you guys understand)

Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
n_w95482 said:
Have you ever put magnets or unshielded speakers near the monitor? Maybe there's some burn-in from something that stayed stationary on the screen for too long.
Not to my knowledge. All that's been around it has been CDs, cables, and papers.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it's been hit...I've taken pretty good care of it since I got it. I tested the video card with another monitor and it works fine...I wonder what's wrong?:(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I called HP support and they said they're going to send a new one in 2 business days. Then I have to send the bad one back or else they'll charge me.

I'm thinking, for the long run, where can I get a good low-cost LCD display? 15" should be fine for me.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dammit, now they send a older reburbished copy of the same monitor model...it's less "sharp" than the other. It looks like I'm viewing it through an inch of vasaline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts