Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had the same problem, and when i realised what my problem was i felt like a tit...

i had the bios named as 'naomi_boot.bin' but it must be renamed to 'naomi_boot' ...simple

and it worked. :)

this might be your problem as well.

Also you have to rename 'epr-21576h' to 'naomi_boot' if you haven't already.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just 1 question, why use Naomi? why not nullDC???

tried it, doesn't work (nullDC at least works)

in fact I aint even sure what Naomi is for (is there a special type of DC console & a special type of DC games that only work with that particular console ?)

·
Registered
769 Posts
just 1 question, why use Naomi? why not nullDC???

tried it, doesn't work (nullDC at least works)

in fact I aint even sure what Naomi is for (is there a special type of DC console & a special type of DC games that only work with that particular console ?)
nullDC-Naomi emulates arcade games based on Naomi, it doesn't emulate the dreamcast.

nullDC emulates the dreamcast but not the arcade games based on Naomi.

Google is your friend mate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
nullDC-Naomi emulates arcade games based on Naomi, it doesn't emulate the dreamcast.

nullDC emulates the dreamcast but not the arcade games based on Naomi.

Google is your friend mate.
k

it's just that Naomi app was on the nullDC website. even the name of the app has "DC" in it (nullDC-naomi) that alone suggested there was some link between Dreamcast and that app. in fact I've never heard of this Naomi console. the only Naomi I know of doesn't really look like a console (she has more curves than blocks)

so I guess nullDC could even host a PS3 emulator some day? like "nullDC-PS3" ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok

so is naomi backward-compatible? like play standard DC games with Naomi console or Naomi emulator
(btw I tried google this time but no clear answer)

as for the topic : tried moving the naomi_boot.bin file in different sub-folders? (the app only looks for the files in specific locations)

·
Registered
91 Posts
no its not compatible with the DC

The BIOS must be named "naomi_boot" and be placed in the "Data" directory which is in the location where you installed the emulator

Check this link to see if you have the correct emulator

nullDC - A Dreamcast Emulator

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.