Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Ahm... its not agrued its argued :p , and you didnt argued with us about Naomi support, but about the speed it was going to have emulating Naomi games, which i'm sorry to say but it seems we where right its slow..

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
And remeber - always have fait in MAMEDEVs
Hell no. Speed is something I do not have faith with when it comes to MAMEDev. Its proven they don't care. Lets wait 20-30 years before something at decent framerates comes of this. If it happens.

While accuracy is nice, speed should be also a consideration. If they want to truly document hardware, execution speed faithful to the hardware should at least be attempted.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
It shouldn't matter about playability, the games are preserved, that's what's important...

Plenty of Naomi games have been ported to the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, and XBOX. You can play them legally, and usually dirt cheap.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And if I am a MAMEDEV, after reading such disbelievers, I`ll drop the project :D Why should they care for most of you who have almost no fait in them - seriously it would be better just to say GREAT or THANX to MAMEDEV instead such spamming nothingness.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
heatblazer.

grow the **** up, or shut the **** up.

your choice.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I am 100% it will be 100% fast when it comes out! Just wait!
And if I am a MAMEDEV, after reading such disbelievers, I`ll drop the project :D Why should they care for most of you who have almost no fait in them - seriously it would be better just to say GREAT or THANX to MAMEDEV instead such spamming nothingness.

^This is the only spam crap i see in this thread.

BS Rantings from a god damn fanboy who doesn't have a **** ounce of clue what they are talking about.

Wanna post news, fine. Don't post the bs that goes with it.

Naomi on mame WILL BE SLOW for the majority of users.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
It shouldn't matter about playability, the games are preserved, that's what's important...

Plenty of Naomi games have been ported to the Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, and XBOX. You can play them legally, and usually dirt cheap.
Sry but i fail to see the reason for a emu that doesnt have playability, how can you preserve something if you cant use it ?

Its like having a bread standing in front of you but you cant eat it... eventually its going to rot.

I dont wanna be an as... but il say this anyway as far as i'm concerned they can drop it...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Sry but i fail to see the reason for a emu that doesnt have playability, how can you preserve something if you cant use it ?

Its like having a bread standing in front of you but you cant eat it... eventually its going to rot."

Ummm... sorry to ask you... but how could you PRESERVE something when you USE it... So when you eat the bread you actually preserve it??? Now I am all confused...

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
...i'll wait for faster emulators for the NAOMI games. i've all but given up on hope of playability in MAME of any games with this PoS computer since using NeoFBA for example.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
It was a more complex example yes normally preserving and using dont mix, but thats not so true in the PC world, where you got data and backup capabilities, which dont really have problem if used, what is the reason of a emu why did they get created ?
Answer to play and if possible enhance your gaming experience on either a PC or a different current generation console your old games.
To play a game you must have playability both in compatibility and speed.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
This thread has a George Michael feel to it with all this speak about faith.

But good on em for getting this far with Naomi. Guilty Gear is looking pretty close to being nutted out right, with the backgrounds being the only obvious standout as being a bit patchy, but the menu's are looking nice and crisp. The rest have a long ways off before they get the textures looking right and the bugs ironed out but for what they have done so far is looking alright (in terms of early progress) but still a bit ordinary.

hey strike if you are looking for a more fitting analogy try this: full speed with naomi and mame is like the fine china of the house - it only comes out when the Pope is over for dinner and that is not going to happen any time soon (but it might someday :p)

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
I have to fully agree with Mudlord.... MAME devs are well known for there great work but they are also known for not care about speed at all and that´s something that just as Mudlord sayd it has to be taken in consideration.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.