Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
well its still excellent news anyway. even with the high requirements.

·
Registered
907 Posts
lol always funny how people who don't know _anything_ usefull about programming or how emulation relates to programming/hardware comment on such stuff.
But thats it nobody cares anyway what's written here ^^

·
Registered
907 Posts
that simply related to the fact that: software optimisation _always_ brings you more performance than adding new , or more hardware resources.

That said it's obvious that programming "context related" ( here emulation) is more complicated than producing general prupuse hardware ( hello x86).

Intel and the others have many people working on their hardware improvement. While emulation coding has not. So its clear which will take longer.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Expect the speeds to be like 10 to 20 times slower than on "other" NAOMI emulators... I hope they are planning to take advantage of multi-core CPUs, especially if they plan to do accurate mmu and fpu emulation.
Maybe in 5 or 6 years speed will get bearable. :p

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, why are you so pesimistic! I remebered when I read all the forums about CPS3, most people told that we`ll need [email protected] to play SF3 3rd strike, lol! I played it on my [email protected] with 512RAM and GeForce 3 Ti. :D Don`t get too quick. And if I am not right about NAOMI, I`ll be damned! It will run 100% perfect. Trust me :) ElSemi is coming too :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
LOL, why are you so pesimistic! I remebered when I read all the forums about CPS3, most people told that we`ll need [email protected] to play SF3 3rd strike, lol! I played it on my [email protected] with 512RAM and GeForce 3 Ti. :D Don`t get too quick. And if I am not right about NAOMI, I`ll be damned! It will run 100% perfect. Trust me :) ElSemi is coming too :p
9lol. who said that about cps3 since it's all sprite emulation, try playing 3d in mames games, oh wait, you can't because it's needs a very powerful computer to run it in its status.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
9lol. who said that about cps3 since it's all sprite emulation, try playing 3d in mames games, oh wait, you can't because it's needs a very powerful computer to run it in its status.
What do you need to show you playing? I am playing Tekken 3 under WINE with MAME32 FX at max speed :D And this is double emulation.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
If you click on the link David Haywood himself says Naomi won't get to playable speeds on current tech!

It runs at about 20% speed on my 3Ghz C2D

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
CPS3 and System 12 are very weak compared to NAOMI. Everything else emulated on MAME as of now is very weak compared to NAOMI. Some NAOMI "features" will also make accurate emulation kill speed altogether.
The speeds you see now with NAOMI games on MAME are multiple times faster than the speeds you'll get after the "features" I mentioned earlier get implemented.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
OK, I won`t agrue with all of you. We`ll just wait and see :)
The person programming the Naomi part of it has said it!

I ain't arguing with you with what I think!

I am telling you what HE KNOWS for sure!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.