Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks but i don't have that roms i got 50+ n64 roms but i dont have rr64 thanks anyway

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
I've only used three N64 emu's, Ultrahle, Nemu and Corn. Most games I played where in Ultrahle, but when PSX emu went "mainstream" I kinda got out of it. Plus I already finished Zelda OT about 8 times so I also kinda gotten tired. So excluding the newer one's, Ill go for Ultrahle.:D

S

·
0 Posts
well, with the recent releases of pj64, n64 emulation suddenly became a lot more interesting, so you might want to give it another shot. Ultrahle became what bleem is for psx emulation.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
UltraHLE was the first and the best n64 emu. It had great graphics, good sound, fairly good compat(for the time), worked on slow computers. However, the authors never continued the development of the emu. According to them, they only wanted to prove that n64 emulation was possible, and they did it.

Corn is the one with the minimum requirements. Nemu has a high compat, but that's all(it seems that a new version of nemu is about to be released, after 2 years with no status update)

PJ64 is quite good, but requires a really powerful computer. A Pentium III 800, 128mb, Geforce is the minimum requirements.

Daedalus and Apollo are also good emus(Apollo's author, Azimer, recently left emulation scene). TRwin, TR64 seems to be on a "break" for almost an year, but they are quite good also.

After all, all of them have pros and con, and there is no one that plays everything or that can substitute all the others. You can't expect to find a ePSXe kind of n64 emu.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
well, I've been watching n64 emus development for a long time, but since my computer is not very powerful, I had to download every small tool and test every emu/plugin to try to make games work on my Pentium2.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i use pj64 i think the compatibility is abou 65% of n64 roms, it gave me excellent graphics and frame rate, i see in another forum that is going to stop the development of PJ64 with the release v1.4 in a short time.

I coul play Zelda MoM with my intel 810 p3 800Mhz and 64mb ram at 45-50 fps, it's a decent frame rate for that computer, now if u see my specs, i run all games at full speed even with FSAA 4x and it looks great, also i can play in my TV using FSAA and looks better than my N64 and at a higher resolution

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
yup, without a doubt Project 64 is the best N64 emulator out now. It has a very high compatibiliy, and it emulates the 64's graphic hardware more accurately than other n64 emulators.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How can i speed up pj64 in my machine a got p3500 tnt2 128 mem in mario64 its fps is only raging to 35-58 so the sound is very bad

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
sorry to tell you this, but Pj64 has a high comp specs to run games properly.. It slows down a little on certain games even on my tbird 1000.. Which makes the sound effects and music play really bad.. If you want to play Mario 64 almost perfectly then get the n64 emulator Corn.. It runs Mario 64 at full speed with sound.. I have several n64 emus so if one game works better on Corn, I use it..

·
Registered
680 Posts
PJ64 works ok with me. I got Duron 800 n GF2MX 400, Mario64 runs Constantly 58-61 fps. The music didn't break.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
The sound plugin that you are using certainly makes a lot of difference. In my computer, Azimer's Sound plugin has always worked the best. btw, UltraHLE runs Mario64 PERFECTLY, grweat graphics, great sound.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I think project 64 and nemu64 require 600Mhz or better

TR64 (and its clones) may require 400Mhz or better...for great results try using jabo's plugins.

UltraHLE requires a 333Mhz processor and a voodoo2 -if you want to play with sound, 266Mhz without sound-

Corn requires at least 233Mhz processor and a TNT 1 to run mario64 at a playable speed WITH sound.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.