Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully a Spanish speaking member will be able to translate what is on the mainpage of www.dciberia.net.

Hemos decidido adelantaros algunas novedades cara a la Navidad y ya tenemos funcionando la Nintendo 64 en Dreamcast , aprovechado de todo lo descubierto y desarrollado por Chui con la MMU y mediante el port en asm X86 a SH4 del MIPS R4300i 64-bit RISC (93.75MHz) , y del RCP (Reality CoProcessor? 62.5MHz).

Por el momento NINCast64, corre roms de N64 de un máximo de 32 Mb, y a una velocidad de 12 FPS sin sonido, lo cual lo hace jugable. De todos modos va forzadisimo todo y de momento solo unos pocos cartuchos son compatibles.

Ya se iran añadiendo más capturas y esperamos tener una preview del emulador para antes de fin de año.

Two names I was able to pick up are fox86 (newposter) and Chui, both are respected members in the DC emulation scene. So far no alpha version has been released so I am still waiting on confirmation about this being reality of just a scam. However, judging by the names mentioned, I think there is a good chance of this being for real :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
google translation

NINCast64, soon in your Dreamcast

We have decided adelantaros some new features expensive to Christmas and we already have working Nintendo 64 in Dreamcast, taken advantage of all the discovered one and developed by Chui with the MMU and by means of port in asm X86 to SH4 of MIPS R4300i 64-bit RISC (93.75MHz), and of the RCP (Reality CoProcessor 62.5MHz).

At the moment NINCast64, runs roms of N64 of a maximum of 32 Mb, and at a speed of 12 FPS without sound, which makes juiceable. Anyway everything goes forzadisimo and at the moment single few cartridges are compatible.

They are already iran adding more captures and we hoped to have one preview of the emulator stops before year end.

Mario64 Shots look good though. If its true it gives one more reason for dreamcast owners to stay alive.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the translation.

Seeing how active the scene is I doubt it will die any time soon :)

Hopefully this emulator will make some progress soon, emulating N64 will be hard and there are plenty reasons for being sceptical, but it isn't impossible.

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
i'm on the fence about this. hopefully its true. dc emulation needs a few more "I never thought that was going to be possible!" moments. Thats one thing that really annoys me with the dc homebrew community.
I'm not sure if its true with others, as dc is the first system i really cared about this stuff, but it seems that all it takes is one person with some skill and experience, no matter how much, to just say "thats not possible." on specs or base information alone, and thats it. nobody will try, and everyone else with no skill or experience will just take their word and regurgitate it anytime someone asks.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Prafull said:
Mario64 Shots look good though. If its true it gives one more reason for dreamcast owners to stay alive.
Really?! Why should a Dreamcast owner die, anyway?!?

Seriously, this is amazing. Keep in mind that even the PS2 is said to be incapable of that.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest reason why emulation for PS2 never took off is because of the difficulty to program for PS2. The DC is much easier to program for, it has CDr support out of the box. And the extra video RAM and more conventional hardware might have helped out a lot as well :)

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Already made this post in the commenting thread of the news, thought I'd replicate it here so everyone knows its fake.

Vanit said:
Sorry to break the news but its fake. A quick google image search will reveal the EXACT same screenshots they used to make the fakes. Besides... didn't you find it odd that they were even managing to run at 12fps with complete graphics just after the emulator had been announced? It wasn't even claiming to be a port.

Shot 1
Shot 2

What an effortless fake-job.

G

·
This obviously is fake, closing this thread therefor. Too bad there're still so many idiots running around in this world wasting their time with such things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.