Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N64 Emulator for DC!!!

Wow, was I shocked to see this one, but I am pretty sure that this is some real stuff. It sounds a little crazy, but if this turns out to be true, it's going to be the best! I was surfin' the internet, and looking
around my usual sites for some emulation news when I came to a page that posted an E-Mail...

----------

Hey,
Hello, my name is John Henderson, and I work for a small software company in Prince Edward Island, Canada. I would like to submit some news on a project I have been working on since January. I have been working on a project, from scratch, to make an N64 Emulator that will work on the Dreamcast Console using roms for the game you wish to play. I will be releasing a beta for the software next month. The
software now plays many games, most of wich are running at 90%. I have nearly captured the N64's complicated sound system channels, and in the end, I would say it plays sound at 99%. As stated above, the games play at 90%, however, I have a few games running at 100% speed. these games are as follow's:

Mario 64
Wave Race 64
Golden Eye
Mario Cart 64
Pilot Wings 64
Mission Impossible
Tourok
Star Wars, Shadows of the Empire

Games that run near perfect are all of them, but a couple that are not 100% but pretty close are:

Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
Crusin USA
Crusin World
Killer Instinct Gold

I will only be releasing the source code, I will not release any images due to the fact that I do not want to have any legal problems in the future. In this e-mail I am sending you the software's title screen. I will be releasing screen shot's next week.

John Henderson
PEI, Canada

----------

Wow, is that somthing or what, here is a link to that screen he is talking about...

<a href="http://www.dcemulation.com/images/n64emuscreen.jpg">http://www.dcemulation.com/images/n64emuscreen.jpg</a>

I sure hope that this doesn't turn out to be some kind of evil, cruel, trick!

-RobSupertones
"If a car radio can stream media almost perfectly with a crapy antenna, why can’t a 56k do it as good with a phone line?" - Virus.exe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sadly, this is likely to be a hoax. I seriously doubt it, I guess I'm just a pessimist but I prefer to say 'realist' : )

Haha seriously though, considering SNES emulation isn't even 90% yet, how could a more complicated and less documented system be emulated so well? The devlopment time to get an emu to this stage I think would be much longer than 2 or 3 years, and I'm sure this guy hasn't been working on it since the DC's release.

I hope I'm wrong though considering some N64 source is out there and the ingeniuity of projects like UltraHLE.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
This will only encourage ROM piracy since 90% of people who use roms don't have a clue how to dump them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmmmmmmmm

Then their is also the fact of that the controllers are kinda different which is wierd....... mind you if he does have his own software company then he will have much more resources for development rather than a bedrom programmer ?

R

·
0 Posts
OK, OK, OK!!!

Yeah, it's me RobSupertones from here at www.NGemu.com, the Steiner Software Studios www.sssprograms.cjb.net (as Robert Steiner, and Swift Death), the Emulator Zone www.emulator-zone.com/forums (as Swift Death), and the Game-Domain (as Swift Death).

As you can see, i am a member of a lot of sights, and most of them are partially mine, or all made by me. I am as emulaton-fanatic/game fanatic as you can get.

From what I can see, there is just no way to prove this. I agree with a lot of you. Squid (from dc emu) has a good point that this website is cheapy, and has 007 makin lots of money. I really agree with hornpipe2 (from dc emu)! Man oh man, I wish people could stop bickering, and just give their oppinions. There is NO WAY to prove if this emu is lagit. only perhaps if there is a beta. I hate the F*** YOU cussing and stuff, and people need to get a grip, and stop insulting other at the cost of sounding cool on the internet! OMG, a lot of people could really care less about all your oppinions (mine included) just because they don't know us, cause I guess we all think we are elite/31337 (Warez Webmaster: someone that could not quite make it as a hacker). Because you are 31337, and everyone else is STUPID, that makes us all elite idiots! --- Very confising isn't it?

-Well, what my point is:
My pentium 1: 200 w/ a voodoo 3 could emulate N64 VERY well! Almost full speed! So if the DC has a 200 (a bad processor thought), and probly a not too bad of a graphics card (seeing that it is a GAMING console). Keeping that in mind, also think of this: IT DOESN'T NEED TO RUN WINDOWS (THE RAM HOGGIN/CRASHIN/HD SPACE TAKIN OS) IN THE BACKROUND!!! I think that this is very possible, but this programmer must be VERY skilled, and must have A LOT of experience!

-RobSupertones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts