Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys i m a newbie here... i wanna know how can i download the latest version of pcsx which is probably 0.81 version... i tried the main site but cant understand how to extract data from .z files,, i have used .zip files but how to use .z files i dun know.. can anyone help me???

THANKS
USMAN

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
USMAN1 said:
Thanks Pal, Can u tell me will that the latest version of this emulator play my Tekken 5 DVD widout installing any Plugin??
I can tell you from personal experience, that no matter what configurations or plugins you use, that game will not run. Anyways, game specific questions are against the rules here, so please keep that in mind. Oh, and welcome to the forums.:)

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
USMAN1 said:
Very Nice M8, You Know , i m working on it from 5 hours and u just said,,, i cant..but now i will PM u, when i will b able to play that game.. i asked for help. not for discouragements :(
as the rules state most games dont work, unfortunately Tekken 5 is one of them afaik.

The game should work in the future, when, i dont really know. We are constantly improving compatability, but for now you will have to make do with what you have, the PS2 is a very complicated machine to emulate, ignoring the latest next gens (PS3 and XBox 360) the PS2 is probably the hardest machine there is to emulate

·
Registered
608 Posts
USMAN1, he isn't discouraging you. Many games don't work yet and even the ones that do "work", do so at around 1/3 or less of normal speed, and that is with a fairly modern computer. This isn't to say that PCSX2 isn't great; it's awesome. But PS2 *is* difficult to emulate and the developers do so with their freetimes. Search around the forum and read the sticked posts to get an idea of the emulator's current status.
Welcome and have fun.

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
USMANI, note that compatilbility list is for the unreleased beta 0.9, so results CAN vary. The best ways to know what works is to either check the screenshots thread to see if someone has posted successful results or to just test the game yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.