Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
>> N00b question, help me k, thx.

Ppl should get banned for saying "k thx", as it makes no sense

Now, if you really want help, you could at least post some details, like
epsxe and plugin version, hardware specs, and the name of the games your trying to run, k thx

·
Registered
654 Posts
I concur with the first reply in most essentials; it makes no sense within the context of a forum post, a place where a modicum of effort in composing one's thoughts before composing one's writing is appropriate.

However, I must disagree that it is a thoroughgoing impropriety. In the context of an instant message, a medium wherein exchanges are conversational in nature and speed rather than clarity is of the essence, such a formulation not only makes sense but is de rigeur. This is even more applicable when such palavers are performed using awkward, slow interfaces such as cellphone keypads. Hence the proliferation of abbreviations such as "ppl", "l8r", "omfg", and so on.

However, even were phone text message brevity the original poster's intent, he fell short by failing to be short. In short, it's not "thx", it's "tx", k tx?

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i dunno what internet you're from dbhankins, but "kthx" is a normal phrase, as are the other things you mentioned.

anyway, kthx carries an air of superiority. "suck my cawk kthx" or "make me a sandwich kthx" or something like that. and it's especially weird when someone says "im a n00b, help me, kthx". that's just weird; it kind of crosses class boundaries and makes it confusing.

plus, Killjoy just hates that phrase in the first place :p

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Who cares... I have nothing against normal noobs, but I can spot morons thousand miles away from me :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
im still laughing over just the idea of "im an idiot, and i rule over the land". such a contradiction with the n00b/k, thx thing. i mean its not even the regular "kthx". this one sounds like it has so much more cockiness. "yuh, k, thx."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.