Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i feel really stupid asking this but how do I get the memory cards to work??? Every time I try to save/load I always get errors like "no memory card inserted" or in the case of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 "card is not formatted" then when I format it I still can not save..can anyone help PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
EPSXE is the best emu but the FAQ is not perfect :(
Now, I guess you are using EPSXE, because you didn't specify what emulator you run
First, be sure to have at least 2 memory files in the memcards directory, you can create them with the MemManager application.
Now be sure to select a memory file in the Config->Memory file menu when starting EPSXE 1.4.0
Now, for the TRICK ( I didn't find it by myself, but the nice , friendly and helpful people on this board tiped me ) : Just before saving to the memory card, press F4 ONCE to activate SIO irq, then save the data on the memory card then press F4 ONCE again to desactivate SIO irq before continuing with the game.
Now, what the hell does the SIO irq to do with the memory, I don't know. I'm not as smart as Aldo, Pete or Lewpy :(
I know thatirq stands for interupt request, but I 'm puzzled about SIO.
Anyway, I'm now able with that procedure to save GranTurismo1 games on the memory card file. I tried to run the game with SIO irq always on, but the game freezes .
Of course if it's too complicated for you ;) you stil can use F1 at the end of the game to savestate, and F3 to loadste when you start the game again.
As far as I understand, F1 create a savestate file, including the saved data on a memory card file. The problem is that you cannot manipulate the memorycard file because the savestate file created in the savestate directory is compressed.
An improvment on that memory card problem should be very welcome by everyone.Who knows, maybe in the 1.5.0 version?
I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You can make up to 5 savestates per game. There's a serial number on each PSX game. The savestates correspond to the serial number so when you play that game again the emu knows which savestates to use. F1 saves a state in the active slot. F2 swithes you to the next slot. F3 loads from the active slot. When you change slots a square in the top left corner shows you a pic of the savestate location along with the slot number. I'm pretty sure that in epsxe 1.40 the savestates don't effect your memcards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts